pay to blog does not allow Free account?

Hi, not sure if doing this correctly, but i set the pro site module Pay to Blog, when i create a free account it blocks site and keeps telling me that it need to be paid for?

thought this was only for paid accounts?

thanks

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi @carpconnect

It’s exactly the opposite, the Pay To Blog module is functioning correctly.

It prevents access to a blog if the admin has not paid.

However, you can restrict access to only the back-end if the admin hasn’t yet paid by unchecking the “Disable Front End” checkbox in the “Pay To Blog” area of the plugin settings. This will allow access to the front-end of the site.

• carpconnect
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Seems strange that this working correctly by blocking when the admin/user has signed up for a free account?

Is this plugin aimed at a multiuser user/site owner or blog user

So let me see if i have use of this plugin correct.

It prevents the use of account if the user be admin or subscriber has not paid for a paid for account?

if the account is free then it should not block the user?

thanks

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @carpconnect

It prevents the use of account if the user be admin or subscriber has not paid for a paid for account?

That’s almost right :slight_smile:

If you want to enable users to sign up for a free blog, and have the option to upgrade to a paid package at a later date, do not enable the Pay To Blog module.

The Pay To Blog module effectively bypasses the free level, and forces the user to pay to access their blog once it’s created. As I mentioned above, you can uncheck the “Disable Front End” checkbox in the settings to enable access to the front-end, but the admin area will be blocked.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.