I'm new here, so I'm testing a lot of your e-commerce plugins out on my dev server. What I really need, and what I can tell you're working on, is multiple levels for Supporter. Making up prices, I'd want something like $10/month for Basic level, $30/month for Pro, with appropriate discounts for 3 and 12-month terms.
I can't hold off development and product release waiting for this, so I'm hoping you can suggest the best way for me to move forward in the meantime.
Here's what I need...
1) Only paying users can create blogs -- Pay to Blog seems to work here, with caveats below. They get one blog for the standard price, but can use Upgrades to pay for additional blogs (billed monthly). The restrictions on storage are enforced across all blogs they have, and they can pay for more space with Upgrades too.
2) Basic level Supporter and Pro level supporter -- Until you release multi-level Supporter, I'm thinking that Pay to Blog will provide the Basic level (i.e. $10/month for most common features) and then Supporter will allow people to be a Pro (i.e. another $20/month).
3) Pro level users will have extra themes, plugins, revenue-generation tools, etc. Supporter obviously provides this.
The questions I have and potential problems with this solution, and others I'm considering, are:
1) People will get charged at least twice a month for what essentially is the same service (in their mind).
2) What if their Pay to Blog payments expire before Supporter does? They can't blog anymore even though they're paying a customer. Seems weird.