pay with a like

What do i do with this part of the code as i assume i need to use it so maybe that's why its not working for me, where do i insert it??

<?php
if ( function_exists( 'wpmudev_pwal' ) )
echo wpmudev_pwal( custom_description() );
else
echo custom_description();
?>

• aecnu

Greetings andy0t,

I will readdress this query ... lol ... sorry about that.

I know nothing about making a manual entry and the coding you offered above I am unaware of its purpose, I have always done like the Pay with a Like plugin instructions indicated and used the short code button in the WYSIWYG editor.

Please advise where you came up with the coding and if following the instructions mentioned above indeed fixes your issues.

Cheers, Joe

• andy0t

on this page in my plugins area http://www.bradfordclubs.tv/wp-admin/options-general.php?page=pay-with-a-like

Some custom post types use templates which take the post content directly from the database. For such applications you may need to use wpmudev_pwal function to manage the content.
    Example: Suppose that the content of a post type is displayed like this: <?php echo custom_description(); ?>. Then edit that part of the template like this:
    <?php
    else
    ?>
    Also create a function in your functions.php to call necessary css and js files, like so:
    <?php
    function my_pwal_customization( ) {
    global $pwal;
    if ( !is_object( $pwal ) ) return;
    $pwal->load_scripts_styles();
    }
    add_action( 'template_redirect', 'my_pwal_customization', 2 );
    ?>

If you want to apply your own styles copy contents of front.css to your theme css file and add this code inside functions.php of your theme:add_theme_support( "pay_with_a_like_style" ) OR copy and rename the default css file /wp-content/plugins/pay-with-a-like/css/front.css as /wp-content/uploads/pay-with-a-like.css and edit this latter file. Then, your edited styles will not be affected from plugin updates.

• aecnu

Greetings andy0t,

Thank you for the clarification which is certainly appreciated.

After reading through your post of that exact statement and checking in in my admin dashboard as well I am no closer to an answer to fix this then I was in my previous post, but at least I got the plugin right now :wink:

Therefore I am going to call in the big guns, the master of fixing disasters, who is the lead developer of the Pay with a Like plugin to please come in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Hakan

Hi,

What do i do with this part of the code as i assume i need to use it so maybe that's why its not working for me, where do i insert it??

<?php
    else
    ?>

You insert it at the point of that "custom_description()" function in your theme template file. In other words, you replace it.

If you don't have such a function in your template, then that instruction is not intended for your use.

Cheers,
    Hakan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.