Pay with a Like

I just installed Pay with a Like plugin. What happens when someone views our site and they do not have any social media accounts and do not want to sign up for a social media account? Is there a way for us to set this up so someone can bypass the Pay with a Like feature by clicking that option? Many of those that visit our site are elderly and want nothing to do with social media.

I look forward to your advice.

David

• david_topper

What we were thinking was another option added such as signing up for an email newsletter. It would also be nice to support Pinterest.

One last question is could there be an option added in the settings to selectively apply the plugin to certain post categories? We have hundreds of posts to protect but not every post so it looks like the only way to do this now is to set the plugin globally off and then put the shortcodes in each post we want to protect.

• aecnu

Greetings david_topper,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• david_topper

Joe -

Thank you for the followup. I never received a response to this question:

Statement to Timothy Bowers: What we were thinking was another option added such as signing up for an email newsletter. It would also be nice to support Pinterest.

Question: One last question is could there be an option added in the settings to selectively apply the plugin to certain post categories? We have hundreds of posts to protect but not every post so it looks like the only way to do this now is to set the plugin globally off and then put the shortcodes in each post we want to protect.

Thanks,
    David

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there.

Sorry about the delay, not sure why but this never came up in my feed (we track posts on RSS).

It's not currently possible to protect whole categories with a setting just yet.

I suppose you could look at some theme customisation:

Some custom post types use templates which take the post content directly from the database. For such applications you may need to use wpmu_pwal function to manage the content.
    Example: Suppose that the content of a post type is displayed like this: <?php echo custom_description(); ?>. Then edit the template like this:
    <?php
    if ( function_exists( 'wpmu_pwal' ) )
    echo wmpu_pwal( custom_description() );
    else
    echo custom_description();
    ?>
    You can force enabling the protection by a second parameter that shall be set to "true": wmpu_pwal( custom_description(), true )

If this isn't something you are able to do then you might like to consider hiring a developer, maybe the guys at Tweaky could help there:

https://www.tweaky.com

I do think this would make a great feature enhancement (protecting all articles within certain categories), I'll move it over to the feature request area to see how many other members might like this.

Take care.