Pay with a like not showing locked code when FB share

Hi

I installed the Pay with a Like Plugin on my site.

When clicking the Facebook like button you have access to the locked content.
But after some hours the button disappears and nothing is happening ie. content is locked again.

I tried on a different browser, only then the button appears, but after login into my FaceBook account no secret content appears. And the button disappears again.

You can check it at : http://hellosamples.com

I have installed these plugins:
-Akismet
-Display widgets
-Exclude Pages from Navigation
-Google Analytics
-Google XML Sitemaps
-GPP Base Hook Widgets
-GPP Shortcodes
-Pay With a Like
-Really simple Facebook Twitter share buttons
-Revision Control
-Widget Logic
-WishList Member
-WP Hide Post
-WP Social Toolbar

I use a Theme from GraphPaperPress (GPP)

Thanks in advance

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @borja

I hope you are well today and thank you for the detailed information.

When you say after some hours the content was locked again, how many hours was this? Did you clear your cache or cookies?
    You have some javascript errors on that page to do with soundcloud, could you disable/remove that for testing purposes? :slight_smile:

Which browser have you been testing this on?

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• borja

(I have noticed the prpblem with the last soundcloud set I've uploaded. I'm trying to fix it now)

Yes. Me caché and cookies are erased every time I turn off my browser.
    I used Firefox and Chrome.

A friend of mine is having the same exact problem. He shared and downloaded the stuff from work. Then when he returned home he tried to share and download again without success.

I noticed that my "Cookie validity time (hours)" was 5! I never touched to this!!!
    What should be the number in order to have infinite hours for a user when he share the content?
    I have write 100000 hours now....

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @borja

I hope you are well today, sorry for the delay.

Pay With A like, doesn't make requests with the database from what I'm aware of, as it's based on cookies and validation times.

Can you check your error log please? Do you have screenshots of settings? What sort of hosting are you using?

The validation time doesn't have an infinite option by default, it's set to 24hrs out of the box and you can set that to the amount of hours you want, for instance if you wanted a year, you'd set that to 8760 hours if that makes sense? It should be in a proper hour form ideally so it = something.

I'm going to flag the lead developer for some clarification here.

Thank you.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Paul

@borja,

Where specifically on your site can I view PWAL content?

Not sure why you think the plugin is causing the database connection errors. This could be a memory issue. From the list of plugins you provided how much memory do you have set in your wp-config.php http://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

But after some hours the button disappears and nothing is happening ie. content is locked again.

caché and cookies are erased every time I turn off my browser.

Not much we can do about your own testing. As stated the plugin uses browser cookies to set the state. If the you or the user clear your cookies or use a different browser there is no way to transfer this state.

• borja

(Thanks for all the memories issues guidelines... I have solved the problem)

Back to the plugin, When you say "As stated the plugin uses browser cookies to set the state. If you or the user clear your cookies or use a different browser there is no way to transfer this state. ."

This means that if someones downloads the file from a computer and needs to download it again from another computer, he is forced to dis-like the post and re-like it again?

It's a little bit confusing for the user... And it's not always working. Some users are going round n circles and no secret content appear...

I have read several post concerning this issue, and I'm sure that several customers would like to see implemented the option to share the post on the wall (most effective I think...) in counterpart of liking it.

This would solve a lot of potencial plugin conflicts or issues when trying to download the same file from different computers... and also will increase the viral ptencial of the plugin.

I know you have Ultimate facebook for this.. But I'm not using any of your other plugins or themes, only PWAL... And I found not fair to pay for your monthly membership for using only a plugin (a plugin that's very similar to another that I have already buy) (sure other customers are in the same boat...), so giving this little option would be very kind for your part. :wink:

What do you think?
    Your WPAL is an incredible plugin with a lot of potencial, but it still lacks some of the most requested features!

We really need the option of sharing on the wall!

• Paul

@borja

Solved? Do tell. I for one would really like to know what was done to solve this issue on your site.

This means that if someones downloads the file from a computer and needs to download it again from another computer, he is forced to dis-like the post and re-like it again?

Yep. Unfortunately, that was the way the plugin was originally written by the developer. For Facebook at least we are looking at checking the FB user's previous like status for the given URL. This would replace the need for the cookie. But sadly the other social networks don't really have similar functionality.

I have read several post concerning this issue, and I'm sure that several customers would like to see implemented the option to share the post on the wall (most effective I think...) in counterpart of liking it.

We really need the option of sharing on the wall!

Well we are limited to what functionality is available via the FB Like API. https://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/plugins/like/

The PWAL plugin adds only the minimal HTML to the part of the page which is

<fb:like ref="top_left"></fb:like>

The loaded FB JavaScript parse this HTML element and capture the information like the page title, URL, etc. There is really very little control over where this gets posted. But we do hear you and will continue to look into this issue.

Closing this thread.

• borja

Solved? Do tell. I for one would really like to know what was done to solve this issue on your site.

As you have said, There should be some problems with memory and plugins. I have a lot of plugins running that weren't doing notinhg. So, I deactivate them.
    Also I called 1and1 (my host company) and tell them I have this problem. I have put my old databse (max 100mb) to a new one of 1GB.

Thanks for your help.

Also, I've found "Social Marketing" plugin is doing what I'm searhcing. Is tehre any way to buy it alones, without needing to be have a membership?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.