Pay with a Like Plugin

I am setting up Pay with a Like to give access to some free online software. I want the site visitor to register using a form so that we can get a record of who is using it and then when they have done that they have to click Pay with a Like and when that is done return them to a page with a link on it to the software. I have a couple of questions.
1. When working with the Pay with a Like Settings under Accessibility Settings I do not want the cookie time to expire i.e. once they register they can use it for as long as it is up there so what should go in this box?
2. The form on the Register page is to be mailed to us. When they click Submit they receive a message saying "message sent" but they are still on the form page. How do I set Pay with a Like that after the message is sent they see a Pay with a Like button also along with the message sent? I know that I have to create a protected content page with the link to the software but am unsure how to set Pay as you Like to do this. I have looked at the user information but I am obviously not getting it :slight_frown:

• aecnu

Greetings ccdsweb,

Thank you for sharing your idea with us.

When working with the Pay with a Like Settings under Accessibility Settings I do not want the cookie time to expire i.e. once they register they can use it for as long as it is up there so what should go in this box?

87600 should do the job which sets the cookie for tens years.

How do I set Pay with a Like that after the message is sent they see a Pay with a Like button also along with the message sent?

Great question in which I do not know nor have any ideas on how this may be accomplished therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Hakan

Hi,

For the second item the simplest method is using wpmu_pwal_html function to protect your content and make it only visible to logged in users. Therefore visitors will not see the buttons and buttons only appear after visitor is logged in. Of course registration form should work the other way around; invisible to logged in users.

wpmu_pwal_html function should be inserted to your template file. There is an example about it in Customization Instructions section.

You need to refresh the page after registration is accepted, or you will have to use javascript which will make things complicated.

if ( !is_user_logged_in() ) {
    // Your registration form comes here
    }
    if ( function_exists( 'wpmudev_pwal_html' ) && is_user_logged_in() ) {
    // Pwal codes in the Customization Instructions come here
    }

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Hakan

• Hakan

but does this mean I need to use another plugin to create a Log In section?

I don't know. You had mentioned about a registration form. I thought you already have a solution for that. How were you planning to do it? PWAL does not handle logins.

If you ask my opinion, you can simply add a link to wp-login page and redirect user back to the original page after a successful registration.

But in any case I recommend you to hire a developer for that.

Cheers,
    Hakan

• aecnu

Greetings ccdsweb,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.