[Pay With a Like] Shortcodes not hiding the text

I'm having some text wrapped within a PWAL shortcode and it's not hidden.

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there Mwale,

hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

This should be happening because of the default settings of Automatic Excerpt and the 100 words excerpt length:

Can you please select Excerpt Method : Use selection tool for your testing page as shown here?

I just tested that and it seems that resolves the issue, which is happening because the content inside the shortcode is less than 100 words (at least in my testing site).

If this still doesn't work well in your end, could you please grant temporary support access via WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin? No need to share any WP admin credentials, just navigate in WP admin area under WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access page and click on the "grant support access" button. You can find detailed information about it here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5
    Please do reply back here when access is granted because we don't get any notifications about it.

Thank you,
    Dimitris

• Mwale
    • The Crimson Coder

UPDATE: Before the content was still not being hidden (maybe due to cache), I checked later and the content was hidden, so that's progress.

PROBLEM #1: When user likes page nothing happens. The content is not revealed, nor does the page refresh.

PROBLEM #2: The content is hidden even to people who already like the page.

It seems this setting isn't working (being saved): 'Facebook Fan Pages'

Please, advice.

Thanks in advance,
    Mwale

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello Mwale!

I have confirmed the bug also happening on my test site and I'm now going to create a bug report for it for the plugin's developers. It happens on multisite for some reason, not sure why at the moment, but I'll check and if I find a workaround I'll go back to you.

Kind regards,
    Pawel

• Mwale
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Pawel ,

thanks for getting back to me.

I will appreciate it if you can get that work around to me as soon as possible.

QUESTION: How long might it take to get a fix from the devs?? (Your best guess - 1 week, 2 months..)

Have a great day,
    Mwale

• Nahid
    • Tech Support

Hey there Mwale !
    Hope you are doing well today!

Thank you for your query. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide an exact ETA regarding the fix until our developers investigate further and follow-up with us, as it really depends on multiple factors like the size and effect of the bug. Me or one of my colleagues will let you know here as soon as we have an update regarding this. We really appreciate your patience and consideration regarding this. Thanks!

Kind regards,
    Nahid

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi Mwale !

Along with other checks, the plugin does check if the number of words of the wrapped content is bigger or at least equal to the number of words specified in the plugins settings page in the Excerpt length (words) option.

You can confirm that by either increasing the number of words wrapped in shortcode tags or decreasing the number of words in that settings option.

I am also attaching beta version which has a fix for the Facebook button not showing up.

Please let us know if after making those changes you still don't see the content hidden.

Kind regards!

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there Mwale,
    hope you're doing well and I'm sorry for the frustration on this.

We are going to commit to Github any security and compatibility updates that we may encounter or been reported to us, but there's not going to be any further development of new features or major rewrites.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.