Pay with a social media share or like

Hello,

good day!

I would like to have a sale where people pay with social media likes.

How can I do this?

Regards,

David

• Jude

Hey KainProject

Hope all is well with you and you are keeping fine !

This is not currently possible out of the box because of the way the plugin is built. That said you can take a look at our WordPress Pay with a Like Plugin plugin below that can help with this.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pay-with-a-like/

Let me know if that helps

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member and have a fantastic day !

Cheers
    Jude

• 1337user

Hello Jude,

thank you for taking the time.
    I had taken a look at this 'pay with a like' plugin, but I can't figure out how I can achieve the desired outcome.
    I can add this to the product page, but then it shows on the bottom and has no influence on the product. I can set the product on the page to free download, and hide the content? But I'd wonder how you would implement this?

Regards

• Luís

Hi KainProject ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Firstly, sorry for the late reply and all the problems it may have caused.

As my teammate Jude mentioned, it's not possible to use this feature with MarketPress as gateway and the plugin suggested( "Pay with a Like") don't have an integration with it.

An workaround using "Pay with a Like", is creating a page and adding the "download" link protected with the "Pay with a Like" shortcode:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pay-with-a-like#usage

However, I think that an integration between both plugins, would be a good feature, so, I've just moved this over to our Features and Feedback section, so it can be taken into consideration for the next plugin updates.

Hopefully some other members will show their support for the feature too, the more members that ask for it the sooner it will happen.

Cheers, Luís

• 1337user

Hello PlusMuchMore,

Thank you for your support!
      Think, a promotional free e-book, audio file, pdf, etc. I'm sure there's something you could provide for your customer base to get some extra social buzz.

It would be a nice way to increase the audience, through the sharing of your Facebook page or more, such as Youtube, Twitter, Tumblr, ... if the wpmudev's would be able to add this feature.

extra: There could be a progress pane, one's all required factors; facebook like, twitter share, youtube subscribe, are ticked the download becomes available.

But the Facebook page like would already be a great addition when added as an optional payment option.

Thank you for the support, have a nice day!

• PlusMuchMore

Your eletter got the wheels in the old head working. I'm planning a Co-operatively owned Enterprise (a worker's co-op*) that would build, manage and promote other different types of Co-ops.

You got me thinking, maybe I could give a fancy printed share certificate (a PDF file) interested parties can download that will eventually be worth something in the future, after a members only first annual General Meeting declares if we made a profit or not.

Is that what you mean by your statement:

"I'm sure there's something you could provide for your customer base to get some extra social buzz."

-------------------------------------
        * What is a worker-owned cooperative?
        A worker cooperative is a business entity that is owned and controlled by the people who work in it. Worker cooperatives thrive in many industries and regions. Worker-Owned. Workers own the business together. They usually invest with a buy-in amount of money when they begin working.

• Jude

Thats interesting info about worker owned co operatives, never thought of them that way. I also think you can apart from this idea

You got me thinking, maybe I could give a fancy printed share certificate (a PDF file) interested parties can download that will eventually be worth something in the future, after a members only first annual General Meeting declares if we made a profit or not.

Give all your members some useful information, in a ebook or a pdf file in exchange for their email addresses so you can always keep in touch with updates etc.

Take a look at our Hustle plugin too, it can help with campaigns like this

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/hustle/

Cheers
          Jude

• PlusMuchMore

I can use Hustle to give away an ebook on the complete concept of a worker's co-op, so I'd better Hustle my buns producing the book. :smiley: (as well as finishing the website using all the tools provided by WpmuDEV.) The plugin Hustle will definitely be a part of that website. Thank you for your detailed reply.

One thing that's fuzzy though is the meaning of your sentence...

"I also think you can apart from this idea".
    Only if you have time, maybe you can clarify it a little. I do get the general idea in your eletter.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.