Payment Gateway of the Coursepress Pro

Hi There

I'm not even sure really how or what to ask (-: We are building a new site using the CoursePress Pro plugin and we are having difficulty in getting the payment gateway to work? Help please (-: The course modules have been loaded but when you go to "Buy now", it does not enter into a payment option?

Thank you heaps

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Jenny,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

In order to sell courses our MarketPress plugin is required. I understand that you have got it enabled already, is that right?

During activation MarketPress most likely showed to you a "quick start wizard" that allowed you to setup basic configuration for the store. The next step would be to go to your dashboard's

"Store settings" -> "Payments" page

then enable selected payment gateways and configure them.

Have you already gone through this? Please advise!

It would be also great if you could grant me a support access to your site so I could take a closer look at its configuration. To do so, please follow this guide:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best regards,
    Adam

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Jenny

Hope you had a wonderful day today.

I just logged in with your provided info and added a dummy stripe payment method so that you can see the payment gateway option working.

To add your own payment gateway, go to WordPress Dashboard > CoursePress Pro > Courses > Click on the course name you want to add payment gateway for > Click on Step 6 > Then click on "Edit Payment Gateways" button.

Now you will see a lot of options to select as payment gateway. Select your convenient one, then scroll to bottom and fill-up necessary information.

And now you have your payment gateway ready for your courses :slight_smile:

I hope this solves your problem. Feel free to contact us if you have any further query regarding any of our products.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Jenny
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Rupok,
    We added these credential for paypal express checkout there but it is showing the blank lightbox like attached.

Here is the process:
    Clicked on Courses > Click on Details under Silver > Then Clicked on Signup > posted User as naveen and password as naveen77 and a blank lightbox is opening.

Can you check at your end and advice.

• Jenny

Also

We want update all the buttons and words. Where it says 'Enroll' could you please change the spelling to 'Enrol'. This occurs in a few places throughout the website. For example, I noticed it on the 'silver page' too.

Please advice where we can change it.

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Jenny

I hope today was also wonderful for you.

For your first question : Yes, if you want to use manual payment gateway, it will also work.

For your second query: I followed the steps you described:

Clicked on Courses > Click on Details under Silver > Then Clicked on Signup > posted User as naveen and password as naveen77 and a blank lightbox is opening.

I clicked on "Already have an account" and tried login with the credential you provided (User as naveen and password as naveen77) and it was saying the credential is not correct.

So I created a new account named Demo User and I could successfully login. It automatically took me to the cart. Please see the attached screenshot for reference. So I could not generate the error with the process you suggested.

Can you please try again with a different browser and let me know the result?

For your final query, You can change any word in any plugin very easily without even coding a single line. You just need to download "Ultimate Branding" plugin created by wpmudev. You can download it from here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/ultimate-branding/

After downloading, install this plugin. Then enable "Network Wide Text Change" module. See attached picture for reference. After enabling it, click on "Text Change" under Branding menu in WordPress Dashboard. Then fill out the boxes. Put "cp" inside "in this text domain" field. See attached image for reference.

This will change your desired text to the new text everywhere on your site.

You can also change the text by editing the translation file of this plugin. For using translation file, this article will give you a very wide idea: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/translating-wordpress-plugins/

I hope I got you covered :slight_smile: Feel free to contact if you have any confusion or query.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Jenny

HI there,

I have tried to enrol a new user in Safari, Chrome and Firefox and it is not allowing me. It is still displaying the attached screenshot.

I would appreciate if you could try this again and see if you are now still able to log in.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Jenny,

I have tried using Firefox and Chrome, in one case I created account by clicking on Signup! button directly on course and in other I created new account using /student-login/ page, and in both cases I was able to finish the payment and after confirming it in admin section I was able to access the course.

Have you tried clearing your cache?

Also, I see that your screenshots are different then what me and Rupok are seeing, can you confirm that we are looking at correct site? :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Jenny,

Now I can see the issue you are having. I went to this page (http://www.conceptwebsitedesign.com/thesecretsubject/packages/silver-go-it-alone-program/), tried to enroll and yes, it's giving me a white empty box after signing up or login.

Before I jump into deep analysis, can you please disable all your plugins except "CoursePress Pro" and see if the problem exists? In that case you will easily understand if any other plugin is blocking the process or not.

And can you also switch to any default WordPress theme like Twenty Fourteen or Twenty Fifteen and see if the problem exists.

I'm looking forward to get the answers from you and solve this issue asap.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Jenny,

Can you enable support access for this site? You can grant support access via WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.
    Please don't post credentials on the forum.
    If you can't grant access please send it directly. You can do that by using our secure contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Subject: "Attn: Kasia Swiderska"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me - selecting this is very important.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Jenny,

I hope you're well today!

I took a liberty of accessing your site (in cooperation with @Kasia Swiderska) and we have found out that your MarketPress plugin wasn't fully configured. In order to make this work - offer courses as paid - MarketPress is needed and it must be fully functional. However, on your site no pages were assigned to MarketPress such as "store base", "cart", "checkout" etc.

That said, I went to your dashboard's

"Store Settings" -> "Presentation" page -> "Store pages" section and created and assigned required pages. It seems that everything's working fine now: when you click "Enrol" course is added to shopping cart and you're then able to go to checkout, complete signup and payment and attend the course.

Let me know please if it's all right now (though you may need to clear your browser's cache first).

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.