Payment Gateways / invoices for Pro Sites

My wordpress pro sites powered sites product that I am going to launch is in addition to our existing web site which offers its own services, has its own invoicing system and payment gateway, and I am wondering how I can integrate with that, or whether to solely use Paypal for selling pro sites.

So a few questions:

1) Does Pro Sites permit integration with gateways other than PayPal? I use SagePay.

2) If we use paypal, can we download a report of invoices / payments from within Pro Sites / paypal which we could use in our accounts?

3) Or perhaps we could take payments via our standard site, and use some kind of API to amend the level within pro sites in realtime?

Any advice much appreciated!

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @tommynewman

I hope you are well today.

1: Yes Pro sites can be integrated with another Payment gateway, I would recommend taking a look at the PayPal gateway within pro sites in > pro sites files > gateways > gateway-paypal-express-pro.php this will give you an idea of how it all works, then you could take a look at the Sage Pay API and create your own Payment gateway.

2: You could download the info from PayPal in your PayPal history, it would show payments and who they come from, you can't download this directly within Pro sites

3: You may be able to hook into pro sites it's self, but this would require custom coding, and could be quite a big undertaking depending on how exactly you wish to integrate it. And how the current site is set up.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Tommy
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Joe,

1. Thanks, obviously quite involved that one then. I'm looking for quick wins at the moment!
    2. It's a shame about this, not sure how others manage their accounts with this, perhaps manually?
    3. Yes perhaps so, it looks like I could deal with invoicing etc in my existing setup, then just connect to the DB and alter the level and expiry details in the wp_pro_sites table?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @tommynewman

I hope you are well today, sorry for the delay with my reply, I missed your last response.

1) Yes I'm afraid that isn't going to be the quickest thing to do :slight_smile: You may want to try posting a job on the WPMU DEV job board here https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/

2) Pro sites has good in built statistics, like how many new paid blogs/sites you have, new sign ups etc, add this with the info from PayPal and it's really good, even though it is a bit more manual then perhaps would be ideal.

3)Manually? i.e would you manually log into the database and change the database values? Ideally you'd want a script with some custom logic, hooks and filters that would in turn allow you to change it from your other site even, perhaps even create a custom plugin to handle this?

Thank you! (And again sorry for the delay).

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Tommy

Thanks Jack,

2) My accounts, I mean financial accounts. IE issuing of invoices and payment receipts to clients, perhaps they just go off Paypal receipts for their accounting records...

3) I mean, I could add an interface to my own system to sell website upgrades, issue invoices, take payments etc, as I do already for other things. Then yes I could just hook in to the pro sites table and control settings there. Would I just need to edit the level and expiry data in the wp_pro_sites table, or does anything else need doing? For example, I noticed that some plugins can be auto activated when clients upgrade, so perhaps I'd want to tie in to that too? Would anything else be needed if I were devise some means to prompt a level upgrade from an external source?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @tommynewman

I hope you are well today

2) That clears things up a bit :slight_smile: I would think most people would just download the receipt from PayPal, they also get an email from sent from Pro sites, notifying them of their payment, so they may use that as well. :slight_smile:

3) If your using the premium plugins and premium modules of pro sites, and they upgrade you'd want to hook that in as well so it registers that they have been upgraded (if that makes sense). Table wise, what are you planning on? Actually selling uncreated sites from your other site or just upgrades, invoices etc?

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Tommy

3) Thanks, I guess if I manually upgrade their level, the pro sites system will auto activate their plugins as configured? I will probably do this whilst we get started, then build in some hooks later. I'll be back in touch about this further down the line hopefully.

Haven't quite decided how this will work yet, just exploring the options.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Tommy

Very sorry about the delay on this, I missed your last response.

3) That sort of depends on how you are going to modify/code your script, you could most likely include some hooks to auto activate the plugin(s) based on levels or you could just make them available to be activated by sub site admins depending on level.

I'll be back in touch about this further down the line hopefully.

Of course if you have any further questions about this or anything else, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member and again sorry for the delay with my reply.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Greetings and thanks for being a great community member.

We haven't heard from you on this one for long and I am doing a regular followup to see if there is still something we can assist you on this thread.

Just to manage the support issues more efficiently, I am marking this thread as resolved for now however this is not being done to avoid your questions in any ways.

Please feel free to mark this is "Not resolved" in case you have further questions and we would be back on it.

Thanks a lot for being with WPMU DEV.

Cheers
    PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.