Payment Issues Upon Renewal or Change of Membership Level

I created a membership level of Beta Tester which would be free for one day and then it should change to $5/mo. According to my Account settings it did exactly that, EXCEPT that I didn't have to input any payment information. So basically it now says that my membership level is $5/mo. I have all access to the website, but I haven't paid AND there is no button or link to allow me to pay.

• Mary
    • Wisp of the WP Loop

I am using PayPal Standard Gateway since most levels are recurring monthly. I have one that recurs yearly and one that is a one time payment only.

Addons are bbPress Integration, BuddyPress Integration, Member Capabilities, Profile Fields, Redirect Control.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Mary

I created a membership level of Beta Tester which would be free for one day and then it should change to $5/mo.

After one day, the membership will be converted automatically to $5/mo? How did you set this up? Please post a screenshot.

Also, would you please grant support access from your Dashboard > WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access so that I can check?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Cheers
    Ash

• Mary
    • Wisp of the WP Loop

The problem was not that it didn't convert to the $5/mo membership level from the Beta Tester level. As I said in my original post, it converted perfectly, as you can see from the screenshot I sent with the original post.

The problem, as stated in my original post, is that nothing happened to set up payments. How do I take a screenshot of nothing happening?

The person is now registered at the $5 level (as you can see from my original screenshot). They received notifications that they would be paying $5/mo. They have full access to all protected pages BUT I'm not getting the money.

I don't know how I can be any more clear in my explanation to you. I am simply repeating what I've already said in my first post.

Support Staff Access has been granted.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Mary

I hope you are well today.

The problem, as stated in my original post, is that nothing happened to set up payments. How do I take a screenshot of nothing happening?

Well, as you said, "I created a membership level of Beta Tester which would be free for one day and then it should change to $5/mo" - so I wanted to know how the membership is changed automatically into $5/mo? There is a settings in membership plugin, but I can see there visitor access is selected when beta tested membership is expired, screenshot attached. So, my question is how beta tester membership is changed to $5/mo membership automatically? If you selected any settings, post a screenshot of that settings page :slight_smile:

And even if you use any code that is related to membership, let me know too.

Cheers
    Ash

• Mary
    • Wisp of the WP Loop

Yes, I have now changed it to Visitor Level until this is resolved, but I originally had it change to $5/mo where you are showing it.

And as I said, it changed. That was NOT the problem. The problem is that even though it was changed and all of my beta testers received notification that it had changed and they were now going to be charged $5/mo, it did not take them anywhere to set up the subscription withdrawals.

i.e. I cannot send a screenshot of nothing happening!

Could you please escalate this to someone who will actually deal with the issue.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hi Mary

I am sorry for the confusion!

I wanted the screenshot that I posted in my previous reply. That being said, I needed to see the settings, not the screenshot of nothing happening. You missed my message:

If you selected any settings, post a screenshot of that settings page.

I am sorry if I made you confused.

Yes, I have now changed it to Visitor Level until this is resolved, but I originally had it change to $5/mo where you are showing it.

So, you have selected that option to change $5/mo, right? Then this is default behavior. It won't charge the user at all, the user will be moved to that membership programmatically. To charge, the user have too signup by himself for a membership, and then the payment information will be saved.

So, as you want payment, so it should be selected Visitor level and ask the user to choose another membership and pay for that membership.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.