Payment methods field in product postings

We have a MarketPress webshop in which we sell theatre tickets with two payment options: Paypal and manual for Netbank payments. Payment by Netbank is subject to up to 3 working days clearance. With theatre tickets being time sensitive, we want to stop manual payments three days before the date of each individual performance, but not for any other variations or products.

Is it possible to add a field to exclude manual payment in the product details section of product postings (including variations) which then blocks manual payment as a payment option in the cart process?

• Patrick

Hi @helsinkisisu

Welcome to the forums!

It's definitely possible... anything is, really :slight_smile:

You would need a function to calculate the limit based on a date you would enter in a custom field, which would then hook into whatever action/filter is used to display the available payment options.

I wouldn't know how to code that function though, sorry. I'll see if I can get the plugin developer in here. He may have something off the top of his head :slight_smile:

In the meantime, as custom coding of this type is a bit beyond the scope of the support that we provide here, you may want to consider seeing if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

Or you could always approach someone like Tweaky.

Hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

• Aaron

It would be possible with custom coding of course. Possibly even with minimal to no code edits. Example a dev could make a custom version of the manual gateway that disables itself if an item in the cart has a certain custom field associated with it, or something in the content.

Note you should really check out our Events+ plugin, which sounds like it might be a better fit for you. If not be on the lookout for our upcoming Bookings+ next month.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.