payment methods hidden for site owners ?

hi,
I have marketpress installed and only activate this on the users who need shopping functionality on their site.

When I am logged in as super admin I can see the following under Products >Store Settings :

Select Payment Gateway(s) 2Checkout
Authorize.net AIM Checkout
eWay Shared Payments
eWay Rapid 3.0 Payments (beta)
iDEAL (beta)
Manual Payments
Skrill (Moneybookers)
PayPal Payflow Pro
Paymill (beta)
PayPal Chained Payments
PayPal Express Checkout
PIN (beta)
Simplify Commerce by MasterCard
Stripe

When site owners login as Administrator of their own sites they can only see the following :
Select Payment Gateway(s)
2Checkout
eWay Shared Payments
iDEAL (beta)
Skrill (Moneybookers)
PayPal Express Checkout

how can I have them see ALL the payment gateways, or at least the "Manual Payments" option ??

thanks

Jacques

• Alexander

Hi @Jacques Walters,

Are you using the latest version of MarketPress?

I've just tested this, and it's working ok for me. Your site admins should be able to see all of the available gateways, including "manual payments"

It could also be that error messages are being generated behind the scenes for this. Can you try enabling WP_DEBUG mode and debug logging? To do this, just go to wp-config.php include this:

define('WP_DEBUG',true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG',true);

You might already have a line for WP_DEBUG, so just make sure it's set to true. This will create a log file under wp-content/debug.log with detailed information.

If you'd like to avoid end users seeing error messages, you can include this as well:

@ini_set('display_errors',0);
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

This will prevent errors from being displayed, but you can still find them in the log file. For information on this, checkout this wpmu.org article.

Let me know what errors if any you are getting!

Best regards,

• Jacques Walters

Hi @Alexander Rohmann

Thanks - the error logging now opened a whole new can of worms :slight_smile: There are multiple errors on my network !!! In the first 5 minutes the file size grew to 257KB

The Marketpress related ones are :

[29-Jan-2014 15:17:36 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: manual-payments in /usr/www/users/motocmpmhv/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress.php on line 7161
    [29-Jan-2014 15:17:36 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: manual-payments in /usr/www/users/motocmpmhv/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress.php on line 7163
    [29-Jan-2014 15:17:36 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: pin in /usr/www/users/motocmpmhv/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress.php on line 7161
    [29-Jan-2014 15:17:36 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: pin in /usr/www/users/motocmpmhv/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress.php on line 7163
    [29-Jan-2014 15:17:36 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: simplify in /usr/www/users/motocmpmhv/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress.php on line 7161
    [29-Jan-2014 15:17:36 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: simplify in /usr/www/users/motocmpmhv/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress.php on line 7163

Would this be of any help to you ?

Thanks
    Jacques

• Alexander

Hi @Jacques Walters, I'm sorry about the delay here.

Anything that's just "notice" or "strict standards" are just there to help developers. They wouldn't cause any problems normally.

Did you get anything else? Perhaps any warnings or fatal errors?

Seems like quite a bit were generated. Would you mind emailing me the log file? Here's how you can reach me:

Email: contact [at] wpmudev.org
    - Include my name in the subject "Alexander Rohmann"
    - Include a link back to this thread
    - Attach log files

Best regards,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.