Payment not showing up

I have a payment (invoice 12950) that is not showing up in the Transaction record, yet the client is showing paid in paypal on Aug 4th, and now the site is sending her an email saying her payment is overdue??? Please advise asap what the issue is.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Jeff,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Does this happening with only a specific user or to all users ? Is it a recurring payment or one time payment ?

If its a specific user then please share the username in here or in support staff notes in WPMU DEV -> Support section.

Take care and look forward towards your response :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

Sajid

• Jeff
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I put in the specific user where you requested in the support box, but I dont know if it worked cause it looks like that box has bugs as well… anyways.. This is for a reoccuring payment, which should not be expiring at all unless the user cancels it… It might be happening for all of them but I am not sure as this is the first reported to us… and honestly this plugin has been a nightmare from the start.. so I wouldnt doubt it is happening to all.. PLEASE ADVISE ASAP!

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for granting support staff access. I can see the notes too in support staff notes section, so that seems to be working :slight_smile:

Any way, lets get back to this issue. I can see that the members is using the right gateway for subscription. The only question is, have you configured the IPN URL in your PayPal merchant account ? This is required for recurring payments.

On a side note, I have also created a recurring daily membership and just sign up with a test account on my own test site. So let’s see if it gets renewed tomorrow or not. I will post a reply here about my findings.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

Sajid

• Jeff

Sajid,

Yes.. the IPN URL is configured in paypal and has been for months… If you look at my ticket history with this plugin you will see a HUGE list of issues with it… This program has been rittled with poor programming and bugs from its inception… so I would like you guys to get to the bottom of this issue asap

tks.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Jeff,

I am sorry to hear you are facing issues with this plugin.

However, I am unable to replicate this issue on my own site. As mentioned in my last reply, the test member I created get charged via PayPal Standard gateway automatically and its membership extended for one more day as per membership.

I can see you have this recurring membership working just fine in the past (checked your past ticket where you mentioned the payment is successful but its sending expire email). Also, I can see there are 3 successful automatic payments with IPN call for Lauren Kagan member.

Is there any change you made recently on your website, like installed/updated plugin/theme ? Any email you get from PayPal regarding failed IPN request ?

Also, it seems you have removed the username of the user you have been getting issue with. Please add the username in support staff notes so I can compare those transactions.

Best Regards,

Sajid

• Jeff

Sajid.. I did not removed the user… it is still there.. check the box for the saved information.. I put it there again for you.. and the problem still exists.. it shows that her account is to be “pending activate on next payment” although the payment was confirmed via paypal on Aug 4th… the weird thing I am noticing on that account is that it says her expire date is Aug 3rd..?? hence the reason it probably went into a expired status… so why would the system do that???? This is the same issue I ran into before….

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Jeff,

Why doesnt invoice 12950 show in the transaction log..????

In transactions log and recorded payments only paid invoices are listed. Since this is billed but not paid yet (atleast M2 don’t know its paid) so that is why it does not appear here.

However, you can see this invoice in Membership 2 -> Draft.

Could you please tell whether you have upgraded from Membership Premium to Membership 2 Pro ? Or you started with Membership 2 plugin ? This information will help us troubleshoot this issue.

Best Regards,

Sajid

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for further information Jeff.

Is there any chance you could create a staging site with exact same plugin and setup so I can troubleshoot this issue further. I will be using my own PayPal sandbox account and setup a test recurring membership to confirm the PayPal setup is correct.

Here is a nice article on how to setup a staging/dev environment.

http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-create-staging-environment-for-a-wordpress-site/

Also, I will be doing a massive troubleshooting by deactivating plugins and switching theme to default one. That's definitely not ideal and good to do all on your live site.

Once you are done with it then please send in the FTP and WordPress admin details of staging site via our private contact form in following format.

Subject: "Attn: Sajid Javed”

– WordPress admin username

– WordPress admin password

– login url

– FTP credentials (host/username/password)

– link back to this thread for reference

– any other relevant urls

Make sure you select I have a different question from dropdown (see screenshot) – this and subject line ensures that it will get assign to me.

Best Regards,

Sajid

• Jeff

Sajid,

I found the problem. At the end of July it looks like Paypal stopped accepting none secure IPN calls, so that is why it was failing. I had to update the whole site and change everything over to https. You guys might want to keep that in your repitiour for troubleshooting any IPN/gateways issues going forward with paypal.

Tks.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Jeff,

Yes, its possible to resend IPN calls from PayPal site. Here are the steps to resend the IPN notifications (please note that the steps are of PayPal sandbox site so the steps can be different but procedure should be same).

1.) Log in to PayPal

2.) Click on the “Profile -> My Selling Tools” link.

3.) Look under for the “Instant payment notifications” under “Getting paid and managing my risk” section and click on “Update”

4.) Click on “IPN history page” link

5.) Then Use the calendars to select a date range and click the search button

6.) You can either bulk select all in the list by checking the top box or pick just one order.

7.) Click on “Resend Selected” and you are done.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

Sajid

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Jeff,

It depends upon your hosting security level. Some hosts block the failed request too. So its better to check with your host too to make sure they are not blocking any IPN calls.

Also, what error you are getting while trying to resend the IPN ?

Best Regards,

Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.