Payment Support – Epoch, Verotel, CCBill

Is there any way that the membership plugin will support any of these payment alternatives? I’m not very tech savvy and may have to download another membership plugin that works with these companies if I can’t figure something out.

Thanks

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya zentickling,

First off, welcome to WPMU DEV!

We don’t have plans to support those gateways anytime in the immediate future – but all of our development is decided by member requests around here!

So, I’m moving this to the feedback and feature request forum. Anybody else looking for one of these gateways? Feel free to chime in!

Also, the gateway components to our plugins have good in-line documentation. Writing up a new gateway component should be very doable for any developer familiar with these gateways. You can always post up a request for a quote on our Job Boards:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/

Thanks!

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

You’ve just chimed in here which totally works :slight_smile: We’ll keep an eye on this thread and as votes stack up it’ll become a higher priority.

As stated above, if you need something done more quickly, put up a post on the Job Boards. Thanks!

• BizSavvyDiva
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I also need these exact payment gateways; and I personally know of dozens of others who do too. (…for marketpress and well as membership) I know of so many indy adult models who want to be able to run their own paysites or sell one off content (not even all that hardcore, just solo stuff) instead of being at the mercy of untrustworthy middle men. I don’t think these kinds of sites realize how much money they stand to gain by adding on payment gateways for adult oriented businesses. I see these kinds of searches in forums everywhere. This is a huge market need.

It’s not like you’d be liable for anything when it comes to high risk merchants. I can see why no mailing list companies (aweber, mailchimp, etc.) allow adult content — it’s a risk to them, but this is just plugin software. Or maybe someone religious runs this? I don’t know… I just can’t figure out why no one is enterprising on this. Oh, well, if it doesn’t get made anytime soon and I have to figure it out myself, I’ll make a killing charging others to set it up.

And BTW: the job boards don’t respond. Don’t get me wrong, I love WPMUdev for what it offers, but sheesh! This topic is so frustrating to me because I know adding payment gateways is not a difficult task for a good developer.

I’m a marketer, I don’t have time for all of these technical bumbs in the road. That’s why I use sites like this. (“Do what you do best and outsource the rest.” Drucker) If push comes to shove I’ll find a dev elsewhere, pay them a couple thousand to show me what code to add where, then start a side business setting this up for others.

Yes, a bit of a rant, but relevant to the point I’m trying to make. OK, I’ll shut up now :slight_smile:

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya BizSavvyDiva,

We hear ya. And to be honest, we’ve been trying to figure how we can cater better to requests like this for a few years. We’re faced with the same delimma you may find yourself in – finding enough good developers! We’re actually looking to hire a couple more at the moment:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/work-with-us-wordpress-plugin-developer-wpmu-dev/

Our devs here have to be top notch and that’s tricky to find! And to your idea of creating a market for requests like this, there’s a startup doing just that:

http://themetailors.com/

They are members here so you may even put your request up over there and see how it goes.

• wp.network
    • The Bug Hunter

I am also requesting support for Epoch in MarketPress.

Pay-Per-View, Pro-Sites… I believe that Epoch would be an awesomely flexible option for many of wpmudev’s plugins.

Is there any new info on this wpmudev?

Anyone else want Epoch support in MarketPress?

Cheers

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.