Payments with Membership plugin

Hi,

I'm having troubles with Membership plugin (3RC1). With payments.
As I see it doesn't support recurring payments using Authorize.NET. But it doesn't work for me even for simple credit card payment - I'm getting this error "Transactions of this market type cannot be processed on this system".

Regarding other payment gateways I tried:
"Free subscriptions gateway" - Is it sort of stub? It doesnt work. Button for this payment even doesn't appear on subscriptions page among other payment methods.

"PayPal Express Gateway" - I can complete transaction. If I log into my sandbox paypal account I can see it is completed. After payment was finished I was redirected to "Welcome page". It said "Thank you for subscribing. We hope you enjoy the content.". I can assume it should appear only if payment finishes successfully. But user had not got a membership level I tried to buy.

Are these issues known? Or maybe I'm missing something..

I have the latest wordpress+buddypress installation with enabled network(multisite).
I have mode_ssl installed.
I have checked settings according to manual for this plugin.
For payments testing I use developer accounts on Authorize.NET and Paypal and work in sandbox mode.
Version of plugin is 3RC1

I can provide more information if needed.

• Kimberly

fpassport,

Hi and Welcome to WPMUdev forums!

Let's see if we can get you sorted out :slight_smile:

I checked out your error at the Authorize.net page and found this: https://support.authorize.net/authkb/index?page=content&id=A597&actp=LIST
    Basically it gives different reasons for your error, however I would ask if you are using a merchant account? Here are the Authorize.net instructions for obtaining the correct API http://www.authorize.net/support/merchant/Integration_Settings/Access_Settings.htm

The Free payment gateway is there to allow you to offer a Free membership that requires registration. It doesn't do anything but process the registration. It's for Free memberships, there is nowhere for it to go otherwise. It just allows you to have a button on a Free Subscription, else you would have to route a free user through a payment gateway for the amount of $0.

I can assume it should appear only if payment finishes successfully. But user had not got a membership level I tried to buy.

If there is an error with the payment then PayPal will give an error. I am having difficulty understanding the second part of this. What did you purchase on your test if not a membership? Are you saying that the payment did not apply the proper level or subscription? This could be due to settings within the subscription or the sandbox. When in sandbox mode you are only testing the gateway process, as it's a test ground you cannot reliably test anything more.

I hope this helps to clear some of your questions.

Please let me know if you need anything :slight_smile:

Best,

Kimberly

If this thread is not resolved because the suggested action did not work or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.