PayPal and MarketPress

Hi I'm making a website for a small business for a client and is at the moment setting up the shop page. I'm very new in web design and I tried to find other posts with the same subject but could not find any, if there are I apologize.

On the site I want the customers to be able to pay through paypal on the site, PayPal Express Checkout. I have not set up a PayPal account yet, with PayPal Business there are three categories, Standard, advanced and pro. To use Express checkout is it enough with standard or do I need to get either advanced or pro? Also I want to use marketpress shopping cart function. Is it possible also with just standard PayPal?

Also after I got a paypal account I'm suppose to get PayPal sandbox right?

Thank you for the help I appreciate it

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

You just need a standard business account I would imagine.

Paypal Advanced and Paypal Pro are a premium service they offer, you can take the transactions direct on your site with no need to go Paypal.

We don't currently support those two in MarketPress though. Only Express, Payflow and chained payments are supported.

You only need a Sandbox account for testing it all works. You could go live straight away should you wish, but to test a transaction it would then use real money.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.