PayPal and MarketPress setup - Gateway Permissions

1. I have MarketPress setup in the mu-plugins directory so that it is active on each site. I am not sure how I should configure the gateway settings that work best for being able to keep a percentage of sales on all free stores and not for supporter stores. I have PayPal Chained Payments set for All Can Use and PayPal Express Checkout set for Supporter Sites Only. Is that correct?
2. Do you have to sign up for a Paid monthly service with PayPal in order for PayPal Chained Payments to work? I have setup PayPal API Credentials and an Application ID but don’t know if they will work without some type of paid service with PayPal. What do I need?
3. Do the individual stores need a paid monthly account or just a regular account?
4. How do I get PayPal Sandbox API Credentials?

Sorry that I am so PayPal illiterate.

• Aaron

I have PayPal Chained Payments set for All Can Use and PayPal Express Checkout set for Supporter Sites Only. Is that correct?

That's correct. Note currently if they become a supporter they'll have to switch the gateway themselves.

Do you have to sign up for a Paid monthly service with PayPal in order for PayPal Chained Payments to work? I have setup PayPal API Credentials and an Application ID but don’t know if they will work without some type of paid service with PayPal. What do I need?

It's not paid, just a business account will do. The main thing though is the Application ID. You have to follow the directions to apply for one specific to your paypal account and be approved. There are example images and text you can use for that in the gateway-plugins folder.

3. Do the individual stores need a paid monthly account or just a regular account?

A personal account is the minium for the chained gateway. For paypal express you need a business account. Both are free.

4. How do I get PayPal Sandbox API Credentials?

https://developer.paypal.com

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.