PayPal and Registration trouble in Membership

Ok,
So I finally got my sign up page organized.
-I have both free and paid subscriptions active
-I am using Paypal single payments with a Free and Premium subscription level
-IPN is enabled
-User reg. is set to "none"
-Both subscriptions are set to 'serial' '1 month renew'
-Gateway is 'active'

The user is created, however username and email are the only values passed back to admin area. User is also inactive and not assigned any subscription or gateway.

On reg. user is passed to Paypal, process completes. However, user can't login because they are inactive. Checking Paypal has no record of payment, IPN has no history and Membership has no record of transaction.

Please can anyone shed light on this!?!?

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Scott

Hope you're well.

I've been following your posts and am happy that you're making progress with your setup.

Now for the problems you're facing:

- users not showing as active
    - no record of the payment
    - no IPN history
    - no records of transactions on Membership

I believe that it's necessary to get the Developer and our senior Support Team involved on this. I will flag then and ask for assistance on this matter.

I will revert back to you with feedback and possible solutions at the earliest.

Have a good day!

Gina

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

On reg. user is passed to Paypal, process completes. However, user can't login because they are inactive. Checking Paypal has no record of payment

This is extremely worrying, I would suggest checking your gateway settings are correct, if they are and you are still not seeing the transactions in paypal (or receiving the emails) then it may be worth contacting them and finding out why.

• satori83
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

ok, they were under pending.

Subscription User Date Amount Transaction id Status Notes
    Premium agetest3 09-03-2012 USD 1.99 2NS30569824733339 Pending Last transaction is pending. Reason: Customer did not register or confirm his/her email yet

Premium 09-03-2012 USD 1.99 9C522393CW341820S Pending Last transaction is pending. Reason: Customer did not register or confirm his/her email yet

So, I realized I disabled required user activation using this code...https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/6-buddypress-power-hacks-you-dont-want-to-miss/

I suppose membership requires this?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.