PayPal API for PPV

Hello there!

I'm a bit confused about the PayPal API info. The information the plugin is asking for looks different than what I am able to get from PayPal. Also, the documentation link is not going to a page with any information I know how to use.

Additionally, I think PP may have updated some API/SDK stuff. There are many, and I'm not sure from which to pick.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello Matthew

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

While performing test transaction on your site, i got this error message,

10002 – Security error – Security header is not valid

That error message would typically only show when the credentials are incorrect. Could you please double check that there's no extra space characters in the credentials and that you're using the credentials for the correct mode you're using (Live vs. Sandbox)?

Best Regards,
    Milan

• Matthew
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

First, thanks!

Second, why will it not restrict the content I'm wanting to restrict? I can't get it to restrict anything. I have "Protection for Pages: Enabled for all pages" on the settings.

Third, I can't find any difference on the PayPal API credentials for Live vs. Sandbox. I have copied and pasted the credentials in again.

Any thoughts?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Matthew!

I checked your site. I see that currently there's "some" protection on a main page but it doesn't look like it was what you wish to achieve. I'd be happy to investigate it so could you please let me know what content would you like to protect? Please point me to specific posts/pages and let me know which parts of them should be protected.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Matthew
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

This plugin is a DISASTER.

This is the second, separate time your plugins haven't worked for me (the chat plugin didn't work a few months ago).

You guys hype them up so much, then they don't deliver.

You hype up your support, then you don't deliver.

It's a shame.

• Matthew
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Ok. Thank you for your patience.

Here is what we want...

Viewers go to the home page as I have it setup.
    The video stream is blocked by the PPV plugin.
    The viewer registers.
    The viewer pays.
    The viewer is sent back to the same page with the video visible.

Hopefully, the viewer can register/pay in advance.

Hopefully, viewers are restricted to one device (so they can't register, pay, then share their login with others).

Hopefully, this works.

Thanks!

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Matthew,

Apologies for the delay here, posting multiple responses in the thread will only push it down our feed as it's sorted by the oldest first.

As for your home page video, for me it's protected normally as you can see here:

I would like to test the process fully if it's ok with you that I switch to sandbox temporarily while performing some tests.

Also, PPV doesn't have option for users to register before payment unless you're using recurring subscriptions, otherwise it will only require them to pay in order to get access to content.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there Matthew,

I hope that you're having a beautiful day!

Looks like I have everything working now. Thanks for your help.

I'm really glad that you made this work!

For how long does the plugin allow access?

As long as the user doesn't register/login, you cannot set the duration, as it's based on a cookie in user's browser. If he/she erases cookies, loses the content. If he/she exits the browser, the cookie kills itself.

Hope that helps,
    Dimitris :slight_smile:

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there Matthew,

So can I make them register?

As you may see in plugin settings, you can have a "period pass" where "Visitor pays a lumpsum fee and then he/she can view all the content on the website. Visitor is required to register to the website.". Can't tell if this works for you, probably not.

I've done the Facebook and Twitter API integration, but I'm not seeing it anywhere.
    Do I need to put it on the page with a shortcode?

This should be working out-of-the-box I pressume, but I didn't mange to make it work. I tried in a live test site, by creating the appropriate FB app (you do create a new app, right? with the appropriate site url) and using the API key. I get no errors though in my end, so I've already pinged my colleagues on this and I'll let you know as soon as possible. :slight_smile:

Have a good one,
    Dimitris

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there Matthew,

I hope everything's fine! :slight_smile:

Sorry for the duplicated replies on my behalf, something went wrong with my internet service provider yesterday as I was posting.

I confirmed with one of my colleagues that no social login buttons are visible in frontend, so I noticed the development team about that. It shoulb be due to changes in social networks APIs.
    Keep an eye on this thread and I'll keep you posted as soon as I've got an update on this. :wink:

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.