Paypal App ID question

Greetings: I've installed and tested your Fundraising app but have only successfully been able to run the plugin in Simple Donations mode yet I'd like to have the Adaptive Payment option that is built into the Advanced Crowdfunding selection in your plugin. It seems I have a legacy API account with Paypal which they no longer provide an App ID through their online portal and in fact the same portal where an App ID could be obtained is being phased out. I've also signed into Paypal in their developer section and have only figured out how to obtain Braintree SDK and REST API credentials but NVP/SOAP API portal is no longer available. Please advise. Thank you in advance.

• Ash

Hello David

Without APP ID, you can't use adaptive payment in fundraising plugin I am afraid. You must need APP ID. As you are saying you have old interface, I recommend to contact the paypal support. There might be some settings or something that you need to enable. I don't think it's completely unavailable in your account unless you are from a country where paypal is limited.

So, paypal is the best choice to knock at. Their support should be helpful and sort this issue for you. Once you get the APP ID, you will be able to use the adaptive payment option.

Hope it helps! Please feel free to ask more questions if you have any.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.