Paypal appointments email question

When a customer makes an appointment when paypal is turned on :

1) customer clicks dates and hits submit
2) the paypal button shows up after

if the customer doesn't go to paypal and finalize his / her order what happens ?

Also, I notice the appointment is put in PENDING right away, without getting a callback from paypal. Does an email go out to the provider then ?
Or does it wait for a callback or successful payment ?

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @josh_eberly,

The appointment will be created and placed as "pending" until your site gets an IPN from PayPal about the payment being successful. At that point the service provider would be emailed. The payment posting will automatically confirm the appointment for you.

Best regards,

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @Alexander Rohmann - Our posts must have crossed over

Hi @josh_eberly

If you have the 'payment required' field in the A+ 'General' tab set to 'Yes' and the PayPal IPN setup then until the client/user completes the payment process the appointment will be held in the 'pending appointment' tab.

No email will be sent to the client/user nor the Service Provider until the payment process is complete.

However you can set the 'Send Notification to admin if confirmation is required' field in the 'General' tab to 'Yes' and admin will receive an email Notification that an appointment is 'pending'.

Please be aware though that if you have some 'Services' that a 'free' and some that are charged then an email will NOT be sent to Admin for those 'Services' that are free but those appointments will still be placed on the 'pending appointment' tab.
    This is currently being investigated by the developer.

Also to confirm, unless you have the 'Auto confirm' field in the 'General' tab set to 'Yes' then a notification email will NOT be automatically sent to the client/user, Service Provider even when the payment process has been completed.

I hope this helps
    Regards
    SteveB

• josh_eberly
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Ok, so now I am doing more testing.

I need paypal for 9 out of 10 services. If I add a service without payment and make an appointment, then it will NOT send a "appointment requires your confirmation" email.

So how does someone know that a client made an appointment ?

???

Attached are my settings!

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @josh_eberly

I hope you are well today and sorry about the extreme delay on this thread.

This is currently an issue with providing both free and paid appointments, as noted by SteveB above.

Please be aware though that if you have some 'Services' that a 'free' and some that are charged then an email will NOT be sent to Admin for those 'Services' that are free but those appointments will still be placed on the 'pending appointment' tab.
    This is currently being investigated by the developer.

I have just flagged the lead developer on this for you :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

Just to confirm, the plugin currently recognizes two modes: payments required and payments not required - kind of like on/off switch, if this makes sense. In practical terms, this means that even for your $0 priced appointments, the payment is considered to be required. Obviously, this doesn't work well at all for people providing both paid and free appointments, and we're currently working on removing this hurdle for the next plugin release (hopefully it shouldn't be long before it's out). If you are interested to take it for a spin ahead of time, I can post a Beta release of the plugin here, too.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.