PayPal Chained payment setup questions

So I'm setting up Marketpress on a clients website and I will be using PayPal chained payments.

I had a few questions.

1) Is it better that I set up the PayPal/x.com application? or my client?

2) The website is currently in a local testing environment and wont be made available live until it's complete. The application says to provide both user login information and a walkthrough on how to checkout. How are these provided in my case?

3) Related to the previous question, they're asking for a walkthrough on how to purchase through my site. I don't know this until I'm done setting up the application and getting an API key, correct?

Thanks!

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

1. Are you more patient? :slight_smile:

The agreement should be between Paypal and them, I suppose if you're authorised on their part then it wouldn't hurt for you to do it.

2. The last time I went through this process Paypal wanted to test the set up before allowing me to process adaptive payments.

Providing it's still the same and it sounds like it is then they would decline if they can't test in a sandbox with the application.

3. You would give them a case, like purchase item from X, checkout on Y and then go to Paypal. You'll need to elaborate a little but you're basically describing the purchase and checkout to them.

Take care.

• Brian Purkiss
    • Smushie Pies

We hope you were able to resolve this. Since this thread has been inactive for some time I am going to go ahead and close the ticket. If you were unable to resolve it or have any further questions, please feel free to re-open the ticket – we are more than happy to help!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.