Paypal Checkout Experience

During the checkout experience with your plugin, users are unable to "Checkout AS Guest". We are forcing everyone to create a PayPal account, which is fine. Except for the fact that after they create their account, they are then forced to enter a bank account # and banking routing number....

This is way to much. We just want to be able to have users either sign into PayPal or checkout as guest.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello jasonhunter,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I'm a bit confused with this: Pay Per View plugin doesn't require any account data from user. PayPal requires user to have PayPal account to be able to make payment but the plugin itself shouldn't ask about such data as bank account number etc.

Having that said, I'd like to take a closer look at your setup. Could you please point me to a page on your site where the Pay Per View protection is applied (where this is happening) and also grant me a support access to the site so I could check its settings?

In order to grant me a support access please follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best regards,
    Adam

• jasonhunter

I spent a decent amount of time on the phone with PayPal because they do not force users to have an account. You can simply use "Guest Checkout" and only put in billing and CC info. We have it work that way with another client.

Pay Per View is happening on all blog posts, you can find one here. http://wineodyssey.jhdwebdev.com/uncategorized/wines-that-the-latini-would-love/

Access has been granted.

• Dimitris

Hey there jasonhunter,

hope you're doing good today and thanks for the update on this!

I just read about PayPal's Guest Checkout and I want to highlight you the followings:
    https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/products/ap-guest-payments/

How it works

Developers are not required to perform any re-integration to take advantage of this new feature. Since this feature is introduced as part of the new Payment web flow, customers will be able to leverage guest payments when they get redirected to PayPal.com to complete a payment.

Limitations

The guest payment feature has the following limitations:

Guest Payments are not available for Implicit or Pre-approved payments.
    Guest Payments cannot be made to a personal or un-registered PayPal account.
    Guest Payments can only be made to Premier or Business verified PayPal account.
    Guest Payments cannot be made using an email that is already registered with PayPal.
    Guest Payments will not be available if API caller passes an email address in the request envelop.

As the use of this "web flow" has nothing to do with your installation or PPV plugin (as long as the plugin connection is valid and your's side & client's side cover all limitations), I'd propose to you to create a notification with instructions for your users, on how they can proceed with a PayPal account and no bank linking, but with one-time payments.

Having said that, I point that my testing account (no linked card on it) never redirected in a Guest Checkout option/screen neither I noticed any appropriate link. So, I presume that somehow a limitation is set.
    Can you please confirm that all limitations that considers you, aren't being met?
    You can then ping our dev team to check again any related APIs.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris