Paypal connection not working - chained payments

I can't get my site to connect to PayPal either sandbox or live. I've double checked my API credentials, I've double checked my sandbox credentials. I'm trying to set up a multi-cart environment and my test is on the main site - http://www.artisanjewelrymarket.com

I get the following error while set to sandbox:

There was a problem connecting to PayPal to setup your purchase. Please try again.

520009 - Account urbancharmjewelry@gmail.com is restricted

My sandbox email is urbancharmjewelry-facilitator@gmail.com and that's the email I used for my (many many) tests.

I have disabled all plug-ins except Marketpress and wpmu dashboard. Does anyone know what that error code means or what I can do to make it work? I'd like to get the sandbox working first and then tackle the live test.

TIA

Reba

• reba00

Okay, I thought I'd post what I've learned in the last two hours.

The Network Marketpress set-up PayPal email cannot be the same as the PayPal email in the main store. It won't work. However, when I made them two different email accounts (thank goodness I have multiple PayPal accounts), it worked, but only when in the sandbox mode and only by putting my sandbox email in the Network Marketpress set-up.

Okay, then it was time to try live. At this point, I'm just trying to get from the checkout to PayPal -that's all.

I put the PayPal account email in the Network Marketpress set-up that I used to set-up my API Application. That application is conditionally approved and by what I've read here on the messageboard, it should work with that status.

I then put a different Paypal email on my main website set-up. Both accounts are Business and verified.

And I used yet a different email as a buyer.

Got this error:

There was a problem connecting to PayPal to setup your purchase. Please try again.

550001 - User is not allowed to perform this action

I also tried putting the same email on both Network set-up and main-site - that didn't work either.

All my plug-ins are deactivated except MarketPress and WPMU dashboard.

I'm giving up for tonight but would really appreciate some insight to what I'm doing wrong. I have read several threads here in the forum but as it stands it looks like I'm doing everything right. Its really frustrating that this is so difficult and time-consuming.

TIA

Reba

• Vaughan

hiya

and that error code just happens not to be listed on their error codes page, what a surprise.

however, i might be wrong. are you using a personal account or business account? you might need to upgrade your account on paypal.

also with chained payments paypal requires that you use a confirmed (verified) paypal account. if the account isn't verified in paypal then it will be refused.

hope this helps.

• reba00

Hey Vaughn, thanks for responding - I mentioned in my post that both PayPal accounts I'm using are business and verified, so that's not the problem.

I just enabled express checkout on my PayPal account but that didn't help either.

I'm about to give up - this is way harder than it needs to be, I'm hopeful I can find a different plug-in that will do the multi-cart but I might be stuck huh?

Reba

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.