PayPal donate button not showing in front-end

I have set up a "Pledge Button" widget using a "Simple Donations" within the Fundraising plugin. I have a few issues I have run into:

1. There is no option to specify the specific "fundraiser" i have set up
2. I setup the API credentials but do I have to generate an Application ID?
3. The donate button doesn't show up in the front-end. Is this because I don't have an App ID?

Thanks ahead of time!

• Rupok

Hi i-Catcher Sites, thanks for asking.

Let me answer your questions one by one.

1. There is no option to specify the specific "fundraiser" i have set up

Can you please explain it a little more? Do you want to embed any specific fundraiser in a post/page? It's possible. When you are in the editor window, there is an icon for fundraiser. Click that and a popup will appear. From that popup, you can generate shortcode. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

2. I setup the API credentials but do I have to generate an Application ID?

If you are using sandbox, then Application ID is not required. But if you are using live gateway, then yes, you will have to generate an Application ID.

3. The donate button doesn't show up in the front-end. Is this because I don't have an App ID?

Maybe, if you don't have any other payment method activated, then probably this is happening because of the Application ID. Can you please confirm if you have manual payment gateway activated but you still can't see the donate button? In that case, I could tell you better about the issue if I could see it live, check your current configuration and make some tests on your site. Would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please let us know if you have any confusion. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• i-Catcher Sites

Thanks for the reply.

I created this fundraiser.

It is a simple donations type of fundraiser

However the pledge button widget I am using does not let me specify what fundraiser to link it to. Which might not be the functionality of this particular widget but Im not sure.

This is the back-end of my site. I am using the scribe theme and upfront so i created a section for my donation button and filled in the settings I am familiar with. (I am not sure what the reference label and override email is for) The donate button appears as you can see when I tick the "Default paypal button" option but when i save and update and view the site's front-end, the button is not there.

I have noticed that everytime I go back to edit the site, the "default paypal button" option is no longer ticked and I can no longer see the button in the back-end anymore either until I re-tick that option. So I am thinking that the issue is not that its not showing up, its that the button isn't staying ticked. Which just confuses me more.

I still think that maybe until I generate an application ID is just not allowing the button to be placed so I am going to go into paypal and do that now.

I have the default gateway set up as paypal but I do have both paypal and manual as available gateways.

Appreciate the help

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello i-Catcher Sites,

However the pledge button widget I am using does not let me specify what fundraiser to link it to. Which might not be the functionality of this particular widget but Im not sure.

That is simple pledges button - it does not have option for connect it with fundraising.
    You would need to use Fundraiser Panel widget and there you can choose "Display a specific Fundraiser"

The donate button appears as you can see when I tick the "Default paypal button" option but when i save and update and view the site's front-end, the button is not there.

This looks like a bug. This is simple pledge button where you can even use different paypal email to get pledges (different than one in settings) so it should work as it is.
    And it works - but not in Scribe theme - I tested on default WordPress theme and there was button all the time.
    So this is theme specific issue.
    I'm marking this as bug and letting developer know.

kind regards,
    Kasia