PayPal email error

On the Fundraiser settings page I enter a PayPal approved email, then click save. It returns with a one (1) in the email address field and of course when I try it with a Fundraiser it sends a 1 to paypal. Same result in Sandbox mode and live. I do have a sandbox account. I’ve tested the Advanced Crowdfunding in the sandbox using the same PayPal ID and it works. I have tried setting it to a couple of different business PayPal IDs with the same result.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

Can I check which version of the plugin and WordPress are you running?

I was testing on my install and it seems to work as expected. I tested both simple and advanced.

Can you also try with all other plugins disabled and with the default Twenty Eleven theme as these can all occasionally conflict.

Let me know how you get on.

Take care.

• hutchm84
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Good advice, luckily I started with the most recent plugins turns out to be Events+ that is causing the issue. Deactivated it, it has been working fine, and fundraising worked no problems. Tested it through the sandbox.

Any ideas why the Events+ would be causing an issue.

• hutchm84
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

In the order I did what you asked:

Reactivated Events+, Fundraising worked.

Upgraded Events+ and Fundraising to latest versions, Fundraising worked.

Thanks

Events+ active addons:

BuddyPress: My Events

Capabilities

Immediately expire past events

Thank you for your help, Problem solved

• hutchm84
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Ok it is an official brain fart.

I was testing on a test server and was happy everything was working, switched to production to apply the same fix, it didn’t work. Compared test and production and discovered that on test I had deactivated the Block Disposable EMail plugin before Events+ and never reactivated. So it was actually the “Block Disposable EMail” plugin that was causing the problem. Working on test and production.

Wanted to let you know so you wouldn’t be chasing ghost.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Ok it is an official brain fart.

I love using Brain Fart to explain my mistakes sometimes, makes me chuckle when I say it to myself… Ya ya I often talk to myself. lol

So was this plugin also causing the issue for MarketPress as well?

Thanks for updating me.

Take care.

• hutchm84
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Talking to myself is when I make the most sense.

I’m not using MarketPress, Using BuddyPress but have not found any errors, but now that I know how it is picking out email addresses WP function is_email(). I will be doing some testing then I’ll turn over what I find to the developer. Know there is a problem where Fundraising is using that function with a valid email, non (DEA).

• hutchm84
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey, sorry for the delay, didn’t get the email about the post being updated.

I will let you know if it turns out to be Fundraising but I’m thinking it has to do with the way the Block Disposable EMail plugin is using the is_email() function. So suspect that is the Developer I’ll need to contact or find a replacement plugin. My feeling is that plugin should not be interfering with another plugin’s settings panel, but don’t know offhand how it would avoid doing so given the function used.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.