Paypal error 10413

Ok first of all, I'm pretty mad at this plugin for giving me this error in the middle of the weekend sale I started. Second, I ordered this plugin and paid $20 for it again hoping for it to resolve this issue, but it did not fix it, and I have wasted $20 I didn't have for the fix which didn't happen.

I get this error every time I try to checkout and so have my customers

There was a problem connecting to PayPal to setup your purchase. Please try again.
10413 - Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details. - The totals of the cart item amounts do not match order amounts.

I have checked purchase amounts and shipping, and it doesn't work.

I just added a coupon for $15 off today. I don't know how long this issue has been happening, I could have had sales but I didn't because of this issue I didn't know was happening.

My website is http://lynnylens.com and I am using Marketpress 2.7 and using Paypal express, just redid my Paypal api and inputed the new ones, that didn't help.

Right now, when you try to check out (all items are on http://lens.lynnylens.com which redirects to a product on lynnylens.com) it won't show the error, I think there is a plugin conflict from showing the error. But I disabled all the plugins and got that specific error, All it said before was the first 2 sentences of the error, and that's what it says now. But like I said when i deactivated all the plugins but marketpress, it still gave me that error. I am angry I spent $20, so once this is resolved, please stick to the money back guarantee and refund the $20 I wasted on this fix that didn't work.

• cameron_texter
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Just got off the phone with paypal. Now I'm even more pissed. They told me that you have to pay now for PayPal express checkout. They just made that change recently I think. So everyone who isn't paying $5 a month for PayPal Payments Advanced can't use PayPal Express and will have that error. They said the only way you can get by this without paying $5 a month is using PayPal Standard, which Marketpress does not offer as an option.

So please release an update that uses PayPal Standard, or there will be a lot more angry users like me.

No one can buy anything unless they admin pays $5 a month to use PayPal express.

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

Checking at Paypal I see:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/compare-business-products

The advantage to the higher plans are:

Provide Bill Me Later as a payment option on your checkout page
    Customers pay without ever leaving your website
    Accept credit cards via phone, fax, and mail (Virtual Terminal)
    Design and host your own checkout pages for full control

None of those things should affect the gateway. And my own still works fine.

I was just trying to test your site but get "There was a problem connecting to PayPal to setup your purchase. Please try again." Have you changed the gateway settings now?

I wasn't able to test further with that.

I want the refund, and I want to be able to still get the new update

We don't deal with any billing or related questions in the tech support forums, you would need to direct that to accounts:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Without an active subscription we wouldn't be able to assist or offer further upgrades but you can discuss that with them should you wish.

Take care.

• cameron_texter
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I have not done anything. It just happened all of a sudden. All I did was add a coupon.

Now PayPal customer support told me that PayPal just recently started making people have to pay $5 a month for paypal express. Which is what it on the plugin.

I don't know why I can't use it and it gives me an error. This has never happened before.

I want this to be fixed

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Well according to their site:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/express-checkout

Low transaction fee and no monthly charge

So I think they might have miss-advised there. Screenshot attached also.

As it works for me, this does seem strange. I also tested on your site again and went through to Paypal just fine. Screen attached.

Can you please remove all the plugin files, download a fresh copy, unpack them and then re-upload.

Take care.

• cameron_texter
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Not an issue anymore. I think it was a memory issue, because it fixed seemingly about the same time my host did a fix increasing the memory to the max 256mb to fix another issue (not being able to connect to external websites (like to download plugins and themes) so maybe that was the cause, not being able to connect to PayPal

But the guy did tell me PayPal just recently made it so you have to pay $5 or $30 a month to use PayPal Express, he seemed to know exactly what he was talking about. Guess he didn't.

Thanks for the help though.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.