Paypal error after switching to Live

Although all tests have gone through fine in the Sandbox mode, after switching to Live mode today, I get an error saying (CODE)520003 Authentication failed. API credentials are incorrect.

However, I have copy-pasted the details ten times already - even checking them character by character to see that they match. The account has been approved by Paypal as a Business account. I am using the advanced payments of the plugin.

This is urgent, and I cannot stress enough the importance of getting this to work, for my client. If not the API credentials work, what can I do? Is there a way to regenerate them? Or is there a way to see more specific error messages?

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there.

520003 is a Paypal error and it means your authentification failed, you would need to check your API details.

When in Sandbox mode only sand box API credentials will work.

When in Live mode only life API credentials will work.

I suspect when you went from sandbox to live you never updated the API credentials or that they were wrong.

If you did update those then remove any cache plugins and ensure all cache is removed whilst you test again.

Thanks.

• calle

The 52003 error is no longer shown.

However, only when choosing a reward and clicking Support this Project, does the Paypal integration work. When you click a Donate button, generated with a shortcode or in a sidebar, the Paypal site throws an error, saying there is something wrong with the seller email. Since the same email is used with the Rewards, and that works, there must be an issue with how the Fundraising plugin sends information to Paypal.

Your suspicion that I didn't update the API credentials is wrong - also since one function works and another doesn't, from the site.

Caching is not enabled on the site, and will not be until this is fixed.

• Timothy Bowers

Caching is not enabled on the site, and will not be until this is fixed.

So the caching plugins are totally removed and not just deactivated. I've seen instances before in these forums where a member claimed the plugin was deactivated but it wasn't until it was totally removed and all associated files were removed that the site worked.

Always worth a try.

520003 was still an authentication error, so if the details were correct then I'm not sure.

I was just playing with my install to try and recreate your issue but must be missing something can you please provide screenshots of all your settings, obviously blank out the API credentials.

Also include a screenshot of the admin side for a fundraiser.

I'll then try and replicate with that information. If I can't I would probably need to take a close look.

Thanks.

• calle

I can confirm that no caching effects this issue.

The pledge page includes a form with radio buttons - the client wants a Paypal Donate button for each reward, instead. So I inserted Donate buttons on the fundraiser page - however, they give the error when I submit. There is no error when people use the pledge page.

So the question is actually, how do I change donations to use buttons instead of the radio buttons form (which is a 2 step process, as opposed to one)?

• Timothy Bowers

Hey again.

hmmm by your last post I think maybe I wasn't understanding this before.

So this new error is when trying to embed Paypal donation buttons? And you're doing this through the Reward description field?

If so then it wouldn't parse it by default because that's not what it's designed to do. But you could include it within the normal editor window.

Screenshot included of what I mean.

But these wouldn't then include them in your normal pledges and totals. You'd have to do some custom coding to achieve that.

Hope I'm understanding better now?

Thanks.

• aecnu

Greetings calle,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.