Paypal error when accessing the Prosite member page

When i try to access one of the sites via Pro Sites Management i get the following error:

Whoops! There was a problem accessing this site’s subscription information: Subscription Profiles not supported by Recurring Payment APIs.

Also under the Profile History heading is the following:

Profile History: I-V7VNW3PC3GG7

All i know is that the last time I tried to manage this or any prosite without any errors was during while the Test API login info was still in the Prosite settings. i had previously set this site to be on a permanent Prosite setup. Today i switched the settings to live and provided my live API login info. I then went to manage this site and came across this error message

• Michael Lambert
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

you are correct that when i setup the prosites to use sandbox i took out a test subscription, later that same day i terminated that subscription as i was just getting familiar with how to administrate sites using prosites. Since i ended the subscription i elected to make it a permanent prosite which it has been untill a couple of hours ago.in which i terminated that after taking the site our of sandbox mode and putting it live for the first time.

Since i reported this problem i put the prosites back into sandbox mode with the same login API info as before and the error for the site has gone. Just to confirm, there is no active subscription showing for the Prosite. I switch back to live mode and the error returns?

• aristath
    • Recruit

I’m afraid I’ll have to take a closer look at your backend to figure out what is going on…

Could you please send some user credentials so that I may take a look?

– Send an email using our secure contact form on https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

– Select “I have a different question” from the dropdown

– On the subject enter “Attn: aristath”.

– Include the URL of this post in your message so that I may track this issue

– Include a link to your website

– Include your superadmin credentials (username + password)

Cheers,

Ari.

• aristath
    • Recruit

Can you try the following please:

– Switch back to sandbox

– Login to your paypal

– On the pro-sites administration, edit the current site (blog ID: 2) and click on the link on the profile history. That should open up the paypal site…

– Cancel the subscription from PayPal

– Switch back to live mode

– Double-check your live site paypal credentials

– Try to extend the status of that site again

Let me know how that works for you…

Cheers,

Ari.

• Michael Lambert

Hi

When i switch back to the sandbox mode, edit Blog 2 and click on the link in the profile history the link takes me to the live paypal site rather than the sandbox site so when I login on the live site, as expected there is no such subscription as it was made when i was in sandbox mode.

Should I try and just visit paypals sandbox site directly and remove any subscription i find as i dont need any of them anyway?

• Michael Lambert

Update:

I logged into the sandbox site and i can confirm that the subscription with the same profile ID shows that it was created on the 17th November and cancelled on the 18th

so with that there is nothing i can cancel which means the problem is unchanged?

• Michael Lambert

More info to hopefully assist with this problem

I visited just now

mlfiles.mybloggingsite.com and logged in. When i clicked on Upgrade it shows the below message

This site should continue to have Premium Blogging features until Mon, 25 Nov 2013 10:58:33 +0000.

It also highlights that i’m on a the Business pro site. The information is very misleading due to the fact that the date is now passed the 25th November.

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello again @michael Lambert,

I just had a talk with other staff members about your issue…

Do you have access to your database via phpMyAdmin?

If you do, then the suggested course of action would be to simply delete the entry about this site from the pro-sites table on your database.

This will fix it for sure… :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Ari.

• Michael Lambert

I have reopened this because this isn’t completely resolved.

Deleting the affected row ( blogID ) from the pro_sites table was not enough. The problem stil existed when trying to manage the blogID.

The clue to fixing this problem was that it still showed on the manage page for the blogID

Also under the Profile History heading is the following:

Profile History: I-V7VNW3PC3GG7

The profile ID had to be stored in the DB somewhere so I looked for it and found that it existed in the blogIDs options table.

To completely flush this out you need to do the following:-

Delete the following rows from the below table

X_options ( x equals the blog ID )

psts_action_log

psts_paypal_profile_id

The above field names are only created when somebody signs up for a ProSite so there safe to delete

pro_sites_signup_stats

delete all rows where blog_ID equals the blog you was having problems with

For the purpose of cleaning up after carrying out the above, the next thing to look at is the stats as they needs to be adjusted otherwise you will end up with meaningless stats.

pro_sites

Delete from the above table the row for the blog_ID that had the problem.

The prosites STATS looks at this table for the total number of active proSites. Extending on this there is another problem n which the stats fail to show the correct number of active proSites. I have found that IF you delete a blog that had a proSite regardless if it was a Trial or not it leaves it behind in the pro_sites table. I recently had to delete 2 sites and noticed it hadn’t adjusted this when i looked at my proSites stats.

The pro_sites_daily_stats table is the main reason why I have reopened this is because I have not been successful in cleaning that table up to complete the clean up process after carrying out the above steps and it really could do with somebody who is more familiar with proSites tables / fields that can perhaps shed some light on the best way of modifying the daily stats table after removing sites directly from the database.

My current stats are showing

2 active Pro Sites ( which is correct after i finished cleaning up after doing some deletions )

1 since last week but this has a red down arrow indicating 1 cancellation. There hasn’t been any actual cancellations so i am wondering how I have influenced that because it used to be a positive 2 prior to me deleting some rows in the ro_sites_daily_stats table in an attempt to adjust the stats to reflect that.

I am trying to make sense as to the support_count field. Mine says 4 so I am wondering if that indicates how many sites have been made to a proSite at one time or another or if it is the current number of sites that have premium support due to their proSite level?

Thoughts?

• Michael Lambert

Hi, I still need assistance. As per my previous reply towards the end regarding cleaning up so hat the Stats are once again meaningful. A better understanding of how the ro_sites_daily_stats tables receives new entries.

In addition to that some sort of changes needs passing on to the relevant person for implementing into the proSites plugin the things I mention above so that it modifies all affected tables whenever a site is deleted from wordpress when it still had an active proSite.

Thanks

• Aaron
    • CTO

Sorry for the delay. This is a normal thing when you switch from test to live, because live can’t access the profile details of the test profile id. Not a big issue at all though. It won’t prevent a new checkout, which will overwrite the old profile id.

Another way to clear it is just to delete the psts_paypal_profile_id blog option.

Either way this is normal, no biggy.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.