Paypal in the Fundraising Plugin in the Live Mode

Hello,

I am trying to set up paypal on my new plugin in the live mode. I keep getting the following message:
There was a problem connecting with the paypal gateway. (CODE)560029 The required X-PAYPAL-APPLICATION-ID header is missing from the HTTP request

I am not sure how to fix this. I have researched and tried to find similar posts, but I have not found anything useful.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings onevillageglobal,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and indeed it appears the configuration of the Fundraising plugin application has not been completed pertaining to the required PayPal/x.com application and API as described in the Fundraising plugin documents located here.

In addition, here is a tutorial on going through that very process:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/xcommerce-application-process-marketpress-fundraiser

Once you have input the approved x.com application ID it is certain that the Fundraising plugin payment process should be past the error you indicated.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• hpidriver
    • The Crimson Coder

I'm afraid Paypal requires you to go through X.com and obtain an Application ID if you want to use Paypal Adaptive Payments, which is required or Fundraiser's advanced crowdfunding options.

If you followed the link that Joe provided above (this link) you will a step by step instruction on how exactly to fill out the Paypal developer application.

If you choose Simple donations under the Fundraising options, you should not need an Application ID from X.com

• onevillageglobal
    • New Recruit

May I ask a few questions then.

Is the receiver just my organization? If so why do i need a primary and secondary?

What is preapprovals for? What is it preapproving for and for whom?

What are payment flow instructions? Does that mean it will go through paypal on our blog and then be deposited into our bank account and then used for our nonprofit programs?

Supply test name and account name: test and account name for what? paypal? Wordpress? How do I get these.

• hpidriver
    • The Crimson Coder

Is the receiver just my organization? If so why do i need a primary and secondary?

Paypal Chained Payments is a special type of transaction in which one payment sent by the purchaser is split up to more than one receiver like so:

The secondary receiver would be the second person receiving part of the payment. This is how you take a percentage commission of all payments, and then whoever the fundraiser is for will receive the rest.

What is preapprovals for? What is it preapproving for and for whom?

With the Fundraising plugin, the advanced crowdfunding option only charges donations once the goal is met, so that is why it is necessary to pre-approve the transactions.

What are payment flow instructions? Does that mean it will go through paypal on our blog and then be deposited into our bank account and then used for our nonprofit programs?

PayPal is looking for how customers enter your site and buy something. If your site doesn't require a login, simply enter the URL of the fundraising page where you checkout with Paypal. Put "not applicable" where it asks Supply Test Account Name and Password.
    However, if a login is required for people to make donations. Give the URL to the wp-login page, and provide them with a test wordpress username and password. In Step by Step Payment Flows Instructions, write the steps for logging in, find the fundraiser page and making a donation.

Hope this helps you out.

• onevillageglobal
    • New Recruit

That does help, but there was an unanswered question:

Supply test name and account name: test and account name for what? paypal? Wordpress? How do I get these??

Also, what if i do not used a chained system. As far as I know it just goes directly to our organization paypal account. Paypal takes their fee and the rest stays in our account.

• hpidriver
    • The Crimson Coder

Also, what if i do not used a chained system. As far as I know it just goes directly to our organization paypal account. Paypal takes their fee and the rest stays in our account.

If you use only the simple donations, then yes it would work just like that.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings hpidriver,

Fantastic responses there and following up as well - thank you for that.

Sincerely, Joe

@onevillageglobal

It appears this particular topic is now resolved/closed, if you need any further assistance please let us know.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.