Paypal Integration

Hi Guys,

I want to be able to run our own custom script after a successful payment. We will be using PayPal, and I thought maybe I should ask before I proceed. Do Marketpress have a built in receiver for PayPal IPN? Because if there is, I'd rather customize that than code from scratch.

• aecnu

Greetings Plus63movph,

Thank you for the great question and obviously this is custom coding and unintended use which is beyond the scope of the support we provide here though we do try to help if we can and we would never withhold an answer that we know.

With that said, as hpidriver indicated Marketpress Paypal Settings and don't see anywhere to input your IPN that is because that is on the PayPal side of things in the back end, not within the plugin itself.

Do Marketpress have a built in receiver for PayPal IPN?

The gateways for PayPal as well as the others are located in the \marketpress\marketpress-includes\plugins-gateway folder and the applicable file is the one relative to the one you chose I.E. Express or chained.

To be sure just check the IPN history in PayPal to see where the IPN is being sent and it tells without any doubts.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member and have a GREAT week ahead!

Cheers, Joe

• Plus63movph

Hi Joe, thanks for following this up! I appreciate your insights on the matter!

Let me just restate that, just so I'm were clear. The files under \marketpress\marketpress-includes\plugins-gateway are the scripts that actually fires when a successful payment is made. This is exclusively being used by the plugin marketplace, right?

However, these are not intended for use with PayPal IPN, is that correct?

The only reason I'm asking is that usually my IPN is directed to a script like the one from the PHP sample here. I was just curious if you have prepared something like this that is bundled with Marketpress. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Guess I have to start the traditional way then. :smiley:

• aecnu

Greetings Plus63movph,

Thank you for the great question there in your last post and the exact file the IPN is returning to can be found in your PayPal IPN History and will tell exactly which file the return is coming to on your site.

This is why I had mentioned in my last post To be sure just check the IPN history in PayPal to see where the IPN is being sent and it tells without any doubts. :wink:

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.