Paypal Integration Could not execute Payment error

Hi,

thanks for the great plugin!

The setup was flawless so far - the only thing that keeps bugging around is the paypal setup.

I activated IPN and entered the url indicated in the backend, created the API keys and entered them correctly in the forms.

However, when trying to test the whole setup, I get this message from paypal:

Zurzeit können wir Ihre Anfrage leider nicht verarbeiten. Kehren Sie zu Kremig zurück und wählen sie eine andere Option aus.

(The request can not be executed at the moment. Please go back to Kremig and select a different Option.)

Am I missing a step here? (Oh, and I am not using paypal pro).

Thanks!

• PC

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

Generally it's a problem with the setup when we forget to change the mode from sandbox to live and are using live credentials.

Or we set paypal mode to live and are using sandbox credentials

Or we have entered the credentials incorrectly.

Can you kindly check if that is the case ? Also which mode are you running right now, sandbox or live ?

Please advise.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• PC

Hello there,

Thanks for posting back.

Anything else that could be the problem? Like a paypal api version update or so? Could it be a temporary problem (although it persists for 2 days now)?

I think its an issue with the settings somewhere. I would like to have a closer look at this.

I am gonna need to have a look at your site to see what is going on there.

Can you please send me your login details via our secure contact form

1: Mark the email to my attention

Attn: PC

2: Include a link of this thread in the email

3: Include FTP and WordPress super admin details.

4: While filling the form, select "I have a different question" from the list.

Looking forward for a response on this.

Cheers
    PC

• PC

Hiya,

Thanks for standing by while I was looking into it.

I just tested the whole process by creating a site and making a payment using my Sandbox details in Prosites settings and it works absolutely fine with no problem at all.

Kindly double check your API credentials and make sure you have entered them correctly. Apart from that there is no reason it should not work.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• Bebel

Hi,

I tried over and over again, with different API keys (always created new ones), and still get the error.

Is there any way to debug this? I checked the server error logs - nothing in it. I tried to hack a debugging system in gateway-paypal-express-pro.php in the ipn_handler() function - no success.

My problem is: it doesn't work and I don't get any kind of error code. The paypal api system is full of "Payment process failed" error messages, but without the error code I have no idea what the problem is.

When disabling the IPN notifications in paypal ( http://i.imgur.com/7U9UPVf.png <- put this on disabled ), I get a mail from paypal with this content:

Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notification (IPN) messages. Messages sent to the following URL(s) are not being received:

http://www.kremig.de/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=psts_pypl_ipn

If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information.

Once you or your service provider fix this problem, you or your service provider can resend the failed messages from the IPN History page. If this problem continues, PayPal may disable the IPN feature for your account.

If I enable it - it gives me nothing but the error I stated in post 1.

This error really bugs me. The plugin is amazing, but I truely wished there was some kind of debugging system. die()ing out messages seems a bit useless when you never get to see the messages, because the paypal server kicks it on.

If you can't help me setting this up by remote debugging, is there any chance to get (paid) support from you guys to set this up by giving you temporary access to my paypal account?

Thanks

• PC

Hello there,

Thanks for posting back.

I am not sure what is going on there as the settings seem fine to me.

I have sent a note to our lead developer @Aaron for his feedback on what might be going on so that we can test accordingly.

If you can't help me setting this up by remote debugging, is there any chance to get (paid) support from you guys to set this up by giving you temporary access to my paypal account?

Unfortunately there is nothing like paid support over what you have already paid. :slight_smile: We will get this sorted out soon. Looks like we are missing some minor step or may be a configuration is wrong somewhere.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• Aaron

I'm taking a wild guess here, but is this perhaps a German paypal account? Apparently due to German laws, PayPal does not allow recurring express checkout payments, and blocks them with that horribly mysterious message. All over the net:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=paypal+germany+recurring+payments

Unfortunately there is no way around this, we suffer with the same problem on WPMU DEV. We actually check if the IP is from Germany, and hide the paypal checkout option here. If you use website payments pro then that will allow direct CCs, though that's probably not available either is you have a german account.

That leave Stripe (not germany yet), or manual payments. We do have an alpha of a 2checkout gateway if you want to be a alphatester, attaching.

• Bebel

Hi Aaron,

thanks for the competent answer. We checked and called paypal and it seems you are right. There is no recurring payment service for germany yet.

Twocheckout is not very known in germany - and germans are not very trustworthy when it comes to payment systems. There are a couple of systems established in germany: paypal, paysafe and clickandbuy. Click and buy does support recurring payment systems - it might be an alternative for your german clients in the future.

We will for now use the manual payment system, though. If it makes sense for you to implement click and buy (the system is not only known in germany, but pretty much all around the EU), we would be very happy :slight_smile:
    Here's a link to the website: https://www.clickandbuy.com/WW_en/merchants/integration.html

Thanks again!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.