PayPal not giving option to pay via credit card

Hi There

I have linked to my appointments booking to my PayPal account, however when I arrive at PayPal it is only giving the option to either login to a PayPal account or create a PayPal account. There is no option to pay via credit card.

I'm not sure if there is a setting in the plugin that I need to change or if this is a PayPal issue. Any advice?
Thanks in advance

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @nifty,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question.

This is because Appointments+ uses PayPal express, PayPal express requires the user to have a PayPal account to be able to checkout and pay.

If you was looking for other gateways you could use our MarketPress plugin that Appointments+ integrates with :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• nifty
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Your promotional page about the plugin doesn't make that clear that it is PayPal Express it just says PayPal which is quite disappointing - you need to change this.

If I want to use PayPal standard can you let me know if I download marketpress from wordpress how do I set it up to integrate with appointments plus?

Thanks

• nifty

Hi There Jack

So it seems like there is no viable solution that will work for us. In the UK many people still do not have PayPal accounts so we would lose business with this solution.

With this is in mind and the fact that you do not specify that appointments plus only works with Payflow and Paypal express, please can you refund the initial $19 to our credit card as we cannot use the plugin.

Many Thanks

• nifty

Hi There

I have discovered that this does actually work with PayPal and offer the customer the option to simply pay via credit card without having to set up a PayPal account.

The reason PayPal wasn't showing the option was because we hadn't verified our email address in our Paypal account.

This is the case in the UK anyway, I'm not sure if it works in the same way in other countries.

So no need for a refund as we can now carry on using the plugin :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.