Paypal only for pre-approved customers?

Hello!

Is it at all possible to have the Paypal payment option display only for pre-approved customers?

I am aware this is probably not a standard e-commerce feature however I was wondering if there is a hook/filter that can achieve this?

Thank you!

• Kimberly

My apologies I was not aware that your users were already logging in or subscribed.

My intention was to suggest a way you could "pre-approve" users for PayPal, by instead pre-approving memberships thus those approved for membership have access to the PayPal gateway.

But if you are talking about Pre Approval as in check their PayPal account first then I'm afraid that would need to be something custom developed at this time.

x.commerce handles the permissions for pre-approvals, that would be a good place to start if you were going to custom develop.

Sorry for the confusion.

• orangesandlime

Dear Kimberly,

No need to apologize @Kimberly! I am very grateful for your help.

I am actually thinking you are on the right track here - my client wants to add the Paypal option as part of the application process, thus pre-approving users for Paypal.

Let's say wholesaler x applies for a wholesale account and will pay COD, wholesaler y applies and ticks the Paypal box. When wholesaler x logs in after he has been approved, the only payment option he will see is the COD option. When wholesaler y gets approved and logs in, he will have the option of paying via Paypal.

So if I understand you correctly, this would be possible?

Thank you very much for your time!

• orangesandlime

Hi!

Thanks for your reply!

Wholesaler y is not selling products, he is a customer. When customers apply for a wholesaler account, they get approved for either level1 (wholesale1) or level 2 (wholesale 2). I realize naming them wholesaler is rather confusing... my apologies!

So when this customer gets approved for either wholesale status 1 or 2, he shops at the store then goes to check-out, when he has been approved to pay by Paypal, what I am trying to do is figure out a way to add the option to pay via Paypal to this customer only and not,say, another customer who has an account with my client and is not allowed to pay via Paypal.

I hope I am making sense! :slight_smile:

Cheers!

• Kimberly

You are making sense and that seems like a great idea, however one we have not accounted for in the plugin :slight_frown:

It would definitely need to be custom coded as the plugin would need to check for a membership level/type before allowing checkout, and since the variations possible are so large it would be hard to narrow this down with an simple code hack on our part

But! it's plausible if you can find someone to do it!