Paypal options and set up

I am setting up a membership site. Currently, the product is a one time purchase. However, in the future we may offer monthly subscriptions.

Which paypal gateway do I need? How do I set it up?

Will I use the same for the marketpress plugin?

• dustin
    • The Crimson Coder

I set up my paypal website payment standard account. Paypal told me that they only provide refunds up to 60 days from purchase.

So how does the affiliate plugin interact with Paypal? Does it send payments to affiliates via refunds or personal payments?

Do I have to set any API settings?

How do I set up my sandbox to work? I set up a sandbox account but how do I get it set up in the plugin? Do I need a 3rd party user name for API permissions?

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi michaelcoulter5,

For one-time/one-off payments using Membership, you could use the PayPal Express with Single Payments gateway. That way there wouldn't be a subscription created in PayPal.

To do so, just activate that gateway and be sure the other PayPal Express with Subscriptions gateway is not activated. Membership will automatically associate the relevant paid subscriptions with that gateway.

As for MarketPress, you wouldn't need to worry about recurring subscription type payments with it, as it doesn't deal with subscriptions itself. It's built to handle one-off purchases.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have further questions on this!

-David

• dustin
    • The Crimson Coder

I set up my paypal website payment standard account. Paypal told me that they only provide refunds up to 60 days from purchase.

So how does the affiliate plugin interact with Paypal? Does it send payments to affiliates via refunds or personal payments?

Do I have to set any API settings?

How do I set up my sandbox to work? I set up a sandbox account but how do I get it set up in the plugin? Do I need a 3rd party user name for API permissions?

• dustin
    • The Crimson Coder

I am trying to use the sandbox. I purchase through the sand box, but after paying I am not directed back to the membership site. Also, the purchase is not recorded as an added new member inside the membership site. Why not?

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya,

Just checking if it was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, could you let us know by re-opening this topic, and we'll get onto it and helping you out asap!

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.