Paypal passwords not working in Sandbox

Hi there -- trying to set up Paypal payment checkouts for the Membership 2. Everything seems fine but when I try to log into a PayPal account to complete payment, it returns three errors at random: 1) a page with nothing the but the words FATAL ERROR, 2) a page with a ton of garbled code, and 3) the most common, it tells you that the email / pass combo you put in to pay isn't valid -- which of course it is, since it's an outside paypal account. (Paypal is set to sandbox within the plugin for testing purposes)

What could be going on? Thanks for your help.

• Milan

Hi @Konstantin Makushkin,

Welcome to WPMUDEV. I hope you are having a good day.

I've done testing on my sandbox site. Everything seems to work fine.

The error you mentioned is generated by paypal when your sandbox email and passwords are not in correct. Please make sure that you are using right email and password. You can find your email and password on profile windows of your account. I've attached screenshot displaying where you can find username and password.

Another quick note I would like to mention is that paypal provides two type of accounts.

#1) For Seller
    #2) For Buyer.

So if you are using seller account's email and password for testing paypal will not let you do this. So make sure that you are using buyer account's email and password for

You can verify your account type by navigating to profile page of particular paypal account. I've attached snapshot which shows where you can find account types.

I hope this helps you.

Please let me know if you need help with anything else. I would be happy if i can help you with you issue.

Warmest Regards,
    Milan Savaliya
    Support Staff ( WPMUDEV )

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.