Paypal payment can't activate membership

For my memberships; when someone signup and make payment with Paypal, I can see the payment successful from Paypal side, but membership is not activated membership. How can I solve this?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Stephane

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

PayPal must be able to communicate back with the site in order to "let the plugin know" that the transaction has been made - regardless whether it was successful or failed. It does that via a special URL. In case of PayPal single gateway, it's just a message "back" sent to the site and in case of PayPal Standard Gateway (for recurring payments) it's an IPN URL.

In both cases, however, such URL must be available for PayPal. I checked your site and noticed that currently permalinks are set to "simple" which means there's no permalink rewriting enabled, thus the site does not know what to do with an URL called out by PayPal - like that URL wouldn't exist.

That said, please go to the "Settings -> Permalinks" page in your site's back-end and change permalinks settings to some option other than "Simple". Once that's done, check it again and let me know if it works.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.