PayPal payment for account not showing up in ProSites

Payment has been confirmed and client has forwarded emailed receipt to me. Status within account history says "User creating new subscription via PayPal Express:" and has a "Profile ID" but no proSite status based on client's purchase. Please assist. ADMIN ACCESS IS ACTIVE. =)

Thanks!

• Milan

Hello Josh

Sorry to hear about your issue. Thanks for granting staff access.

Could you please tell me which user is affected by this ? I mean which user is getting this issue ? Or this is happening with every users ?

I've also noticed that in logs it shows that Subscription has been extended to "Non Profit Pro+" but level selection shows "Startup". Take a look at this screenshot.

As I am not able to replicate this issue on my sandbox site, would you please conduct plugin conflict test as described in our this support manual ?
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Looking forward to hearing back. :slight_smile:
    Best Regards,
    Milan

• Josh-VisionIntoDestiny.com

I ran through the plugin conflict and could not replicate issue with sandbox. It is the PinkLemonade subdomain. I walked the client through the process over screen share. I was using the "subscription extended" to initially develop the site prior to charging for access. Once the site was built, I revoked the Pro Site status so client could go pay to upgrade back to pro site status. That is why you see the history changes. You can see the last action was client in process of upgrading site.

The client used withdrawal from bank account instead of using a credit card. He received a receipt showing the transaction went through. I don't know if this option takes longer or some data didn't propagate to the ProSites plugin for some reason.

Admin access is still active. Thanks! Let me know if you have any other questions.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Josh!

I accessed your site's Network Admin and reviewed Pro Sites settings. I noticed that the sub-site in question is the only one sub-site there and there's no other users as well so I presume it's fairly new Pro Sites install (or, at least, it hasn't been used before).

That being said, I'd like to make sure about following issues:

1. The Pro Sites payment gateway is set to "Live", if it's been previously used in "Sandbox" mode, did you make sure that apart from "switching the switch" in plugin's settings PayPal credentials has been updated as well? There's a different set of credentials for sandbox and live modes.

2. If you were using "Sandbox" mode before, did you as well made sure to set IPN URL for the site in your live PayPal account?

3. If both above requirements are met could you please login to your live PayPal account and look for IPN History? There should be a log that should include all IPN calls made by PayPal to the site and I'd like to take a look at that log.

Looking forward for your replay,
    Adam

For some reason the client transaction didn't generate an IPN. Verified IPN is active. We cancelled old transaction and initiated a new transaction. Processed fine and IPN signature was generated. New transaction shows in account log within the sites management admin page.

For some reason ProSites is not updating the account to show they "upgraded". Also, when client attempts to login to admin it redirects to the payment options page and has a notification that says "There are pending changes to your account. This message will disappear once these pending changes are completed."

• Dimitris

Hey there Josh,

hope you're doing good today and don't mind skipping in! :slight_smile:

For some reason the client transaction didn't generate an IPN. Verified IPN is active. We cancelled old transaction and initiated a new transaction. Processed fine and IPN signature was generated. New transaction shows in account log within the sites management admin page.
    For some reason ProSites is not updating the account to show they "upgraded". Also, when client attempts to login to admin it redirects to the payment options page and has a notification that says "There are pending changes to your account. This message will disappear once these pending changes are completed."

The message indicates that the payment didn't resolved, so apart from the IPN call which are coming through with success, did the actual payment got resolved? You should be able to check this in your PayPal account.
    If this persists, could we proceed with some more testings with our sandbox credentials? Please advise! :slight_smile:

FYI Support access is still active.

I really appreciate this!

Also... Is there a way to purge the history records and start fresh?

If you mean the Account History in the Pro Sites Management pages, then you should need some database access.
    In case of pinklemonade.nonprofitlauncher.org which is the blog with id=2 (you can find this in it's Pro Sites Management page URL, like &bid=2), you should edit the wp_2_options table of your DB and delete a row in there with option_name = psts_action_log (you can also edit this instead of delete it, just be extremely careful and always backup before messing with database tables).

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Dimitris

Hello Josh,

hope you're having a beautiful day! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the insights on this. As this was working with sandbox mode and this is the only mode that I can test as I don't have a Paypal business account, is there any possibility for you to own a second Paypal account to re-test this?

No matter what, I'm going to ping our dev guys on this in order to have a second look and I'll keep you posted as soon as possible. Just take care of support access by further extending it. https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Finally, as long as you already conducted a plugin conflict test, in order to get things sorted, I'd like you to revert to a default theme like TwentySixteen and also de-activate the Pro SItes modules, just in case we don't have to do with a weird conflict or something, and test another update/transaction and please post back here your results.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Question... When troubleshooting this issue, will the "There are pending changes to your account..." automatically disappear if I somehow find the plugin conflict or whatever it is? Will it process right away? Will I have to wait for cron to update this condition? Will I need to resend IPN message? Will I need to manually delete a setting within the database to reset and re-try payment/upgrade?

I am going to be doing a whole lot of sandboxing here and I am not sure how the payment confirmation works. How do I reset for a clean retest of payment upgrade?

Hope you understand my question. Thanks!!!

• Dimitris

Hey there Josh,

hope you're doing good today and appreciate your patience here! :slight_smile:

Question... When troubleshooting this issue, will the "There are pending changes to your account..." automatically disappear if I somehow find the plugin conflict or whatever it is? Will it process right away? Will I have to wait for cron to update this condition? Will I need to resend IPN message? Will I need to manually delete a setting within the database to reset and re-try payment/upgrade?

I am going to be doing a whole lot of sandboxing here and I am not sure how the payment confirmation works. How do I reset for a clean retest of payment upgrade?

You don't have to make any DB changes to go fresh, or you can use the workaround I stated in my previous reply to clear the logs.
    Normally, the "There are pending changes to your account" should disappear only when payment has gone through with success and Pro Sites are able to locate this and act accordingly. Between theme/plugins deactivation, I guess the safest way will be to create/update a pro site each time by a dummy user of yours.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Dimitris

Hey there Josh,

hope you're doing good! :slight_smile:

I had some feedback lately from our dev team and they suspect PayPal's IPN settings. :disappointed:
    Please double check that you've set the correct URL in your PayPal live account.
    If the IPN is coming through it should be recorded in the sites log so I'd like to share some screenshots to pass to our devs.

As this is public forum, you should send us your details through our safe contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ using this template:

Subject: "Attn: Dimitris"
    - WordPress admin (url/username/password)
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)

Screenshots of:
    - IPN log
    - account log
    - IPN url

- link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.