paypal payment options using email

hey @jonathon
Has there been an oversight?
There is no longer a paypal option allowing store owners to use their paypal email only..

• be
    • WP Core Meltdown

Really need a solution here site waiting to go live..
    Marketpress
    Paypal option for store owners who do NOT have a business account.
    No business account - no API creds so cannot be a store owner to receive payment..
    ie: need ppal gateway that utilises payment to paypal email address.

Any update @Jonathan please

• Jonathan
    • The Bug Hunter

@be,

Please don't flag me down directly like this before a support staff member has had a chance to look into the issue for you. We have specific protocols that need to be followed before a developer is brought into a thread. If all of our members took it upon themselves to do this we would never get any development done!

@PC will be happy to assist you and if he feels it necessary will flag me down once he has done his due diligence.

Thanks for your understanding! :slight_smile:

• be
    • WP Core Meltdown

We have specific protocols that need to be followed before a developer is brought into a thread.

I don't work for WPMUDEV I am just a paying member to access Lightning fast support from my amazing WP team....
    I don't have your protocols and your system allows and even suggests we FLAG...

Hmm I see you are feeling the burden of dev when so many things need attention.. Let me just say....Yes well That would be great if we didn't have to wait so long to get an actual response for sites that are live or waiting to go live..
    As the option is not there how would staff provide is that not a DEV issue?

Note now at the 53 hour mark waiting for a solution

• be
    • WP Core Meltdown

At what point does your LIGHTNING fast support kick in???
    Not permitted to get dev response.
    No staff can answer
    Dev does place input advising not to contact
    MEANWHILE...... LIVE site and BUSINESS WAITING..

8 DAYS and counting

Try and make it simple ---- oversight - Paypal STANDARD is or is NOT part of your need no other input plugin that Marketpress is - payment options.
    A simple
    YES or NO will suffice

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello there Be,

Thanks for posting back and sorry for the delay here. I had been a bit overloaded due to a couple of our staff members being away due to family issues and could not get back to this any sooner.

Its not possible to use just the paypal email address to allow users to pay via paypal Express checkout.

It will required for the subsite owners to be updated to a "Free Business PayPal " account and get API credentials.

Express Checkout is PayPal's premier checkout solution, which streamlines the checkout process for buyers and keeps them on your site after making a purchase. Unlike PayPal Pro, there are no additional fees to use Express Checkout, though you may need to do a free upgrade to a business account.

So I am afraid just using a single email address is "Not" possible at the moment.

Sorry again for the delay here. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions and I will be around.

Regards, PC

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey there @be,

I can't say whether or not it was an oversight, but what I do know is that unfortunately, PayPal Standard isn't available.

If you're needing this implemented quickly, one thing I could suggest is to post here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

And see if one of the pros in there would be able to get this set up for you. Otherwise, the only thing I can suggest is the same thing that @PC suggested, that being the setup of a free Business PayPal account.

Sorry for the delay here, I hope you're able to get this working soon!

Regards,
    Michael

• be
    • WP Core Meltdown

Thanks for the answer however I am WAITING for and actual DEV response or staff to ask the DEV for a definitive..

Its a simple YES NO question..

And there is NO WAY I will be paying either myself or another DEV to fix shortfalls in this Plugin.. that by YOUR OWN advertising says ... blah blah blah.. it works..
    And come FREE as STANDARD with the myriad of ecommerce plugins that DO work out of the box...
    :slight_smile:

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @be,

Just thought i'd let you know. You don't actually require a business account with paypal to use paypal express, you can also use a premier account, premier account is pretty much the same as business minus a few features. I use a premier account on paypal, it's free to upgrade and no monthly fees (though you can't use mass pay etc), you will still have to setup your API & sandbox though, but your premier account lets you do that.

Marketpress has never had a paypal standard gateway even prior to 2.9

The only thing I can do is to suggest to the developers to try and add 1 in a future release, but I wouldn't be able to give an ETA on it.

Hope this helps

• be
    • WP Core Meltdown

Thanks again Vaughan (great to have you back on board a bit more)

We use PP standard in all our other Ecommerce plugins..

It is not a matter of our setup its the end users store owners..
    Yes I can instruct etc how they need to change their paypal etc or we can just continue to use our other commerce plugins that don't give grief and have simple easy enduser steps ...
    Paypal Standard is well just Standard.. :slight_smile:
    anyways..
    Yes thought it was finally being added in 2.9 but like so many things we were waiting for didn't make it..

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello there be,

Thanks for posting back.

I understand that its not available in MarketPress as compared to other shopping carts. I wish we could get this added any sooner but we will have to make this as a feature request (I have already done that)

I have moved this to our Features section and sent a note to our lead developer so that we can also get his thoughts on the same to see if he has got some plans to add it in near future.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.