PayPal payment to confirm appointment not working Appointments+

Hi,

I have been trying to get the Appointments+ plugin working as expected for hours and I cannot get it to launch PayPal for making payments. I have read many posts with other having difficultly with this plugin, these do little for building confidence in this product. As you will see in the attached screen shots I have:

AUTO CONFIRM set to 'YES' Setting this as Yes will automatically confirm all appointment applications for no payment required case. Note: "Payment required" case will still require a payment.

REQUIRE PAYMENT set to 'YES' Whether you require a payment to accept appointments. If selected Yes, client is asked to pay through Paypal and the appointment will be in pending status until the payment is confirmed by Paypal IPN. If selected No, appointment will be in pending status until you manually approve it using the Appointments page unless Auto Confirm is not set as Yes.

Although I have this set up on a local testing server the PayPal Payment window should open and provide an opportunity to pay but, nothing happens other than a momentary screen flicker when PLEASE CLICK HERE TO CONFIRM APPOINTMENT IS CLICKED.

The user gets zero indication that a pending appointment has been set and with the PayPal payment window failing to open no payment can be made to confirm the appointment i.e., if no payment can be made there's obviously no chance of an ipn response from PayPal. BTW I have tested this in 3 browsers with the same result. Note have https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-simple-paypal-shopping-cart/ is installed for selling physical items and PayPal is working fine.

I'm sorry to say my first impression of WPMU products has been disappointing. Products that appear really good from a pre-sales perspective don't behave the way both the text and video instructions say they should.

I'm hoping you can provide a response I can work with to resolve this.

Thanks

• Michael Bissett

Hi @Allan, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

Usually, the way it works is that when you click the "Please click here to confirm this appointment" button, another button should appear below that, saying something like this:

Please confirm 1 USD payment for Default Service

From what you said here, it sounds like that button isn't showing up on your site. Would it be possible to set up a live site for this (if you don't already have one), and enable Support Access to it, so that we can have a closer look at what's going on?

If that's not possible, then the first thing I'd advise trying would be to do a conflict check, as it sounds like there might be something interfering here. We've got a handy troubleshooting flowchart that you can follow, it's at the bottom of our Getting Support page:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Let me know if I can be of further assistance here please! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Allan

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply. I deactivated all other plugins, upgraded WP to 4.01 and activated twenty twelve theme. This revealed 3 'Make an Appointment ' pages in the navigation. These were probably generated when I viewed the system generated appointments page.

Anyways, after many hours of stumbling around the PayPal confirmation is now displaying but it is nearly invisible with current theme (see attached screenshot). I have tried hard to identify the relevant class/es to change the css to make it visible to no avail. What are the classes used to style this area and were can I find them so I can apply some custom css to make the box/button and visible?

Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.