PayPal payments no longer working

Hi, I have members who are no longer able to pay. Plus, I got this email from PayPal. I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks.

Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). IPNs sent to the following URL(s) are failing:

http://www.fithappensla.com/gauntlet/paymentreturn/paypalsolo/

If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information. If this problem continues, IPNs may be disabled for your account.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this issue.

Thanks,
PayPal

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello @ice9design,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I can see that you're still using our Membership Premium plugin which is now replaced with Membership 2 Pro. Have you considered an upgrade? I'm asking this because Membership Premium is no longer being developed and I cannot guarantee that in future there'll be no more issues coming up.

As for issue in question. It seems that the IPN URL itself is fine but for some reason visiting it directly doesn't return any data or redirect to main page, instead giving a 404 not found error. I'd like to confirm that before proceeding any further so could you please login to your PayPal account and check IPN's history?

You should be able to find IPN logs there and see if there are 404 errors for transactions. If you spot anything else that doesn't look "legit", could you also please share this information with me here?

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello @ice9design!

Thank you for your replay. The screenshot confirmed what I was suspecting: that your setup was returning 404 error. I think this may be a result of some changes (including even updates of some plugins) made to the site.

That said, I've re-saved your permalinks settings and now any attempt to visit IPN URL directly returns "Error: Missing POST variables..." error which is good because PayPal will send those variables and therefore transactions should be completed.

You should be able to re-send IPN request from your PayPal account manually just to check it out or you may just try to sign up to for the membership. I think it should work fine now.

In case this would be happening again please follow these steps:

- visit IPN url with your browser
    - if it returns "404 Not found" page, go to your dashboard's "Settings -> Permalinks" page and just re-save current settings without changing anything.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.