Paypal Payments Pro for Marketpress and Apointments +

I've done some searching for this on your site and found a few posts from two years ago asking about PayPal Payments Pro (Direct Payments) for Marketpress and Appointments + but now that I've installed them I don't see any support for this.

You've got Paypal Express Checkout which is required when using Paypal Payments Pro but no PayPal Payments Pro plugin?
https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/products/paypal-payments-pro/

It is a great payment solution, low cost, especially for low volume stores and easy to setup, and the best feature is the checkout stays on the site.

Can we have it? Or has someone else built it as a separate plugin? I bought the complete annual WPMU subscription but this is a showstopper.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Damon,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

First off, welcome to the WPMU DEV Community :slight_smile:

Yes, PayPal Payments Pro has been in the cards for awhile; however, currently the developer is hard at work getting the next major release completed. MP 3.0 is nearing release and will have a ton of requested features. I will mark this as a feature request so the developer is notified - it will get added onto the requests already there for this gateway.

In the meantime, another popular low cost choice for low volume stores that's easy to setup is Stripe :slight_smile: would that suffice for the mean time? The starting fees are the same as PayPal Payments Pro.

Look forward to hearing back on this Damon!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Damon

Thanks for the answer, I'll take a look at Stripe. Problem is I've never used it and neither have my clients, they are comfortable with the PayPal management back end and the company, having used it for years. I'm trying to switch from Zen Cart.

I was surprised that Paypal Payments Pro wasn't standard across your eCommerce related plugins, but then maybe it's not as common in Australia?

I know project launches often don't have a firm date, but how close is "nearing release"? I've got two projects I was planning to do in Marketpress and since I'm learning it from scratch don't want to double my work learning two versions.

On another note, how public are my support requests? I can't quite tell if other "members" or the public can read topics I start from the WPMU DEV Dashboard.

I don't like the idea of my support requests being public, I'm used to a private ticket system on paid paid products.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Damon,

Thanks for your reply!

We don't get a ton of requests for PayPal Payments Pro surprisingly; however, it does seem to be more than others, so hopefully it will be the next one added in :slight_smile:

I know project launches often don't have a firm date, but how close is "nearing release"? I've got two projects I was planning to do in Marketpress and since I'm learning it from scratch don't want to double my work learning two versions.

This is probably more than I'm suppose to say, but it is on pace to be our next major plugin update, which means it should be here within the next 2 months; however, that is assuming development goes relatively smoothly from now until release :slight_smile:

On another note, how public are my support requests? I can't quite tell if other "members" or the public can read topics I start from the WPMU DEV Dashboard.

This is a public forum, so all posts can be seen by anyone; however, with so many of them it wouldn't be easy to find one :p unless you knew the title of course, or the profile.

If you ever have private information to send us then you can send it through our contact form and select "I have a different question". Then usually you would also put attn to the staff member you're sending it too. ie. "Attn: Tyler Postle".

If needed we can also make your threads private; however, for that you will need to let us know in each of your threads. It needs to be manually done on a thread by thread basis.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any further questions Damon :slight_smile:

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.