PayPal Payments Pro (Website Payments Pro)

I'm new to online merchant processing and this is my first foray into using a shopping cart. I am leaning on using PayPal Payments Advanced or Pro because of it's ability to handle credit card transactions without leaving the site. Worst case, I'm fine with Paypal Payments Standard.

Your plugin only offers the choice of Paypal Payflow Pro or Paypal Express checkout. Does this mean it currently doesn't support any version of PayPal Payments (Standard/Advanced/Pro)?

Thanks,
Mike

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

Currently the only options for Paypal in MarketPress are:

Payflow -This would require your own merchant account I believe.

Chained Payments - used within a multisite install to take a commission of sales from shop owners in your network.

Pro is on the agenda for a future release but we don't currently have an eta for this, sorry.

Take care.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Mike,

Just touching base with you to let you know that the PayPal Payments Pro Gateway has indeed been slated for possible inclusion though as Timothy mentioned there is no date or forecast for release.

Therefore I am going to go ahead and move this ticket to the feature request area as applicable.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Marcelo,

Thank you for asking and no there is no ETA, actually I have nothing to point to that indicates that it is being developed, but that is normal WPMU Dev protocol and I finally got used to it.

So unfortunately I have no idea as to when or if this is going to happen.

However, it would be prudent for me to ask @Aaron to pop in here for his comment to at least the effect if it is going to be developed or not.

I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• coburnenterprises
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi, I just spent several hours installing and testing product import with marketpress only to discover it will not support PayPal Pro! This is a huge disappointment. I do not understand why you would not include this popular option out of the box? I see that this is a year old post - should I assume you never plan to add the option for PayPal Pro?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.