PayPal Popup Error Window

Hello WPMU Dev Support,

The FLOUT.CO website has been set up to accept payments for products using PayPal Express gateway. I have been testing it as a customer and purchasing products, the following error window keeps popping up:

0) IE 9 is being used
1) Have put a product into the cart
2) Proceed to checkout
3) Enter my shipping details
4) Get to the PayPal window to pa for the purchase
5) Enter my PayPal Username/Password
6) An error window pops up
7) Click YES to continue and the purchase is completed as expected

Please see attached document for screen shot of pop-up window.

Also, on return from PayPal the message was not displaying the PayPal Transaction ID nor the amount spent. This occurred twice but has mysteriously now working, any hints as to why would be grateful.

Really cannot have this happening on payment, perhaps an issue with your API with PayPal.

Can you please help to resolve ASAP.

Kind regards,
Yusef

• mroracle
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hello Joe,

The file is just 59Kb, I have split it out from the Word file I had it in and provided the jpeg, cannot see why the Word file should not load so have tried to load that again too.

Let us see what happens when I submit this.

Kind regards,
    Yusef

• mroracle

Hi Joe,

The Word file is not loaded as the extension .doc is denied!

I am sure I have sent a Word document previously for a support ticket.

Anyway, you the the image now, please note it appears once the customer has logged on to PayPal to make the payment, you do not have to complete a purchase to see it so you will be able to see it using a PayPal account.

Kind regards,
    Yusef

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Yusef,

Pursuant to my normal followup on tickets I visited your web site to make the purchase using IE9 and found that there is no way to make a purchase. It appears that the site is under reconstruction with a brand new install of Word Press.

Please Advise.

Cheers, Joe

• mroracle

Hi Joe,

Apologies, I should have updated, here what has been happening my end:

1) There was a big problem with memory on my server which I have only resolved today.
    2) The resolution was to upgrade the server to have double of everything e.g. RAM went from 1.5 Gb to 3Gb.
    3) The website is working with W3 Total Cache installed and my customer requested I move it over to his domain http://www.kcmodelaccessories.com
    4) iThemes BackupBuddy was used to transfer the website from Flout.co to KCModelAccessories.com
    5) From http://www.kcmodelaccessories.com you can make a purchase
    6) This web site is hidden from Google until all products are loaded by the customer AND the completion of the purchase via PayPal is proved to be smooth.

THINGS WITH THE PAYMENT ARE NOT GOING SMOOTHLY, here is a purchase I have just made, everything with PayPal has gone very well but when you retun to the website after purchase complete you get the following message:

Your PayPal payment for this order totaling £0.00 is complete. The PayPal transaction number is .

You may track the latest status of your order(s) here:
    http://www.kcmodelaccessories.com/store/order-status/5e1a02f1e693/

The value £0.00 is wrong it should be £0.20

Also, an email is not sent out from MarketPress to:

1) Confirm the payment
    2) Confirm the Shipping

You can see for yourself by looking up the order number.

Thanks in advance for looking at this.
    Yusef.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Yusef,

Thank you for the detailed explanation of what is now going on, it is certainly appreciated that you included almost everything I can think to ask except for questions dealing with PayPal.

Has the PayPal IPN been turned on within PayPal itself and if so what is the return URL set for?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• mroracle

Hi Joe,

I have gone through the setting for the following:

1) PayPal Express Checkout settings within MarketPress
    2) View the API Signature in PayPal

The PayPal API signature details have been correctly set up in MarketPress PayPal Express Checkout fields.

No where within PayPayl API signature or MarketPress PayPal fields can I see where you set a return URL.

Looks like I may have missed something that I cannot find, can you point me to it and what I need to set it to.

Kind regards,
    Yusef

• mroracle

Hello Joe,

I have completed the above and performed two transactions now.

The same problem is still there:

Thank you for your order! We appreciate your business, and please come back often to check out our new products.
    Your PayPal payment for this order totaling £0.00 is complete. The PayPal transaction number is .
    You may track the latest status of your order(s) here:
    http://www.kcmodelaccessories.com/store/order-status/61d85447b6c4/

The order total in the confirmation screen is still showing 0.00 and in this case it should be £0.20

Guessing there my be more things I need to enable on the PayPal side.

Also, where is the documentation to set all of this up, I certainly did not read anything about web preference settings for PayPal i.e. if you had not mentioned it I would not have known.

Kind regards,
    Yusef

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Yusef,

Just checking in with you to see if the most recent updated version of Market Press (yesterday) has resolved any of your reported issues?

Also, where is the documentation to set all of this up, I certainly did not read anything about web preference settings for PayPal i.e. if you had not mentioned it I would not have known.

I believe that this has been overlooked in documentation due to the fact the person whom wrote this assumes that a person has a basic understanding how PayPal works.

I have never seen formal instructions on PayPal in any of the gazillions of eCommerce and Internet Marketing software I have dealt with in the past though I have seen something like and set your PayPal IPN to this URL. But one can only set it to one URL. With this is mind if in fact it is set to only one URL and does not have a place for a second, what to do? Usually nothing and it works because PayPal sends the IPN back to the originating URL - the most important thing is for IPN to be on and some kind of URL must be put in there even if it is for a different responding system.

Please advise after updating if you are still having any issues that are related to this thread.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Yusef,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

• mroracle

Hi Joe,

There was a problem with setting up the PayPal API but I have only now managed to resolve it and the whole payment process via PayPal is working smoothly now.

This was the earliest I could get back to you on this.

The website has now gone live and is taking orders, my customer is very, very happy and I have been getting some great feedback as to how good it is which is leading to more business for me via word of mouth to do more shopping cart websites.

Many thanks for all your help.

Kind regards,
    Yusef

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.