Paypal Pro for fundraising?

When I setup pro sites, I was able to set it up with my paypal pro information so that the use does not have to leave my website when making a payment.

How do I use that same module with the fundraising plugin?

*Just an idea
I am seeing a lot of logic replicated within a lot of plugins from wpmu. Why are you not simply using a global class instead of duplicating the code all over the place?

Example:
If the paypal pro was a simple class, then the fundraiser could use a filter to hook into any available payment gateways installed on the site instead of doing what it is doing now.

Does that not make much more sense?
*It would be a lot less code to have to maintain in the long run.

**If the devs don't know how to do this, then check out pippins plugins as he makes everything extensible via hooks, filters, and global classes. It is so much nicer to work with like that and much easier to extend.

• aecnu

Greetings shawng,

Thank you for your feedback and questions, they are certainly appreciated.

How do I use that same module with the fundraising plugin?

You cannot because of different requirements and services offered by the merchant account provider, in this case PayPal, and only the gateway that is provided with Fundraising which also requires API permissions from PayPal will work.

Does that not make much more sense?

Though it seems logical on the outside, it will simply not work for reasons given above.

I have indeed checked out Pippins plugins in the recent past and most of them do not have gateways.

There is no comparison to the gateway requirements necessary to offer the crowd funding option of Fundraising.

I will certainly move this to the applicable feature requests area to let the lead developers absorb the information you have proposed.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• shawng

This plugin offers the ability to turn off crowdsourcing which I did, as I am using it as a simple donation module then.

At that point, crowdsourcing turned off, then indeed I am able to use paypal pro as a gateway. (I have done it on my site for years without issues).

I guess I don't understand what the problem is.

Are you saying - paypalpro does not allow crowdsourcing models thus it can't be used?

If that's the case... then like I said, I have it turned off, so then would it not make sense to offer further gateway choices?

• aecnu

Greetings shawng,

Thank you for your additional feedback, it is appreciated.

Are you saying - paypalpro does not allow crowdsourcing models thus it can't be used?

It would be more accurately described as the paypalpro API does not allow crowdsourcing models

If that's the case... then like I said, I have it turned off, so then would it not make sense to offer further gateway choices?

Thanks for bringing this up, it certainly sounds like a useful customization to the plugin.

Unfortunately, it is not currently available - but we would love to put it into consideration for future development which may or may not ever happen.

Alternatively, you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute.

However, the lead developer @Cole will be notified of the feature request and this ticket is already placed in the applicable feature requests area.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.