Paypal recurring memberships failing after payment information changed

Using Membership plugin I have recurring payments occuring for members yearly. However, when the renewal came time, if they had changed credit card information, the renewal was not successful. Now their paypal account is suspended. How do I get their account and the payment to work with the updated payment information?

Thanks!

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Phil,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

That's most unfortunate situation. That said, I'm not sure if you can do much about PayPal's suspended account, except trying to contact PayPal support and work with them to clear up the situation.

As for members, it would be good to setup a message to be send to the users some time before the subscription expires, reminding them to check if their payment details (both at your site and PayPal) are valid and current. This can be done here:

"Memberships" -> "Communications" -"Add new"

You can create for example two reminders to be send 2 weeks and 3 days before the membership expires.

Apart from this, I'm notifying our 2nd-line support about it and hopefully they'll be able to come up with a better solution/information.

Please keep an eye on this thread for further updates!

Kind Regards,
    Adam

• Hoang Ngo

Hi Phil,

I hope you are well today.

Now their paypal account is suspended

Usually, if the payment fail, only the Recurring Payments Profile suspended, I don't think this action can make a PayPal account suspended.

How do I get their account and the payment to work with the updated payment information?

If their PayPal accounts are suspended, so I think contacting PayPal is the best solution now. After that, you can update their Recurring Payments Profile with the new information. In order to do that please go to, please go to PayPal account -> Profile -> Recurring Payments.

If you have any issues please let us know and we'll be happy to assist.

Best regards,
    Hoang

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.