PayPal Sand box not reoccurring

I have PayPal sandbox set up with membership. Subscription is set to indefinite mode. Upon registration, I see PayPal create, charge and then terminate the subscription. No reoccurring transaction occurs. Is this a sandbox issue? How to test reoccuring transactions?

Thanks,

Julie

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Julie,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

You are spot on and as the WPMU DEV lead developer and myself have mentioned and proven many times, the PayPal sandbox is erratic at best and it is best to go live.

Also, indefinite means they will remain on the set level forever. Each time it comes up for renewal Membership will charge them again on the anniversary - indefinitely.

Please test live if you want real world results and by the way if you have chosen the PayPal Single Payments Gateway this is indeed the anticipated outcome.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• makason
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Aloha Joe,

I tested this live and the reoccurring payment still did not occur. Client is using PayPal Payments Standard. I set the gateway to PayPal Single Payments Gateway.

Subscription is set to 1 day, $1.00 indefinite. Initial payment came in. However, I should have seen a subscription payment come in yesterday, but did not.

I do not see it in my reoccurring payment plans in PayPal, so it looks likes PayPal subscription was never generated.

No 'future transactions' are reflected in Membership.

Why are is the subscription not being generated with PayPal?

Many thanks.

• makason
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Joe -- I see now why the subscription isn't renewing, per your documentation.

PayPal has changed their plans. PayPal Express seems to have dissappeared.

They now offer Standard, Advanced or Pro. Which level do we need to use?

I switch gateway to Express, but client still has PayPal Standard. Subscription was created, expired and completed.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.