Paypal says direct notifications doesn't work

Hi,

Just received a mail from paypal about our site.

Translated and summed up it says: “Check the server that deals with PayPals notifications about direct payment (directbuymessage). It doesn’t work sending directbuymessages to the following URL: http://www.nilalf.net/store/payment-return/paypal-express

Directbuymessages will be disabled for your account if this problem persists.”

So how do we fix this? :slight_smile:

/Robert

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @dukeswe, I hope you’re well today!

Can you please post a screenshot of your plugin settings s that I may take a closer look? You can hide your credentials for security reasons.

It would also be useful if we had the full text of the email you received from paypal, its language doesn’t really matter.

Please advise,

Ari.

• Dukeswe
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Ok here is the full text of the mail:

Från: "service@paypal.se" <service@paypal.se>

Datum: 6 oktober 2013 07:04:49 CEST

Till: ******************** <********@nilalf.se>

Ämne: Varning om PayPals aviseringar om direktbetalning

Hej *************************,

Kontrollera servern som hanterar PayPals aviseringar om direktbetalning (direktköpmeddelande). Det går inte att skicka direktköpmeddelanden till följande URL:

http://www.nilalf.net/store/payment-return/paypal-express

Om du inte känner igen den här URL-adressen kanske du använder en tjänsteleverantör som använder direktköpmeddelande i ditt namn. Kontakta tjänsteleverantören och ange informationen ovan. Direktköpsmeddelanden kommer att inaktiveras för ditt konto om problemet fortsätter.

Tack för att du var så snabb att uppmärksamma den här frågan.

Med vänlig hälsning,

PayPal Sverige

Also I wasn't really sure what settings you wanted to see so I just took screenshots of the general ones and the payment ones.

/Robert

• Dukeswe

Any update on the issue?

Also we had an idea that perhaps it could be the customer note to seller that you can write while making a purchase with paypal that could maybe be the reason for the error.

Since we couldn’t find that message anywhere in the order details on the site after our test purchase.

/Robert

• Dukeswe

I think we might have managed to solve the problem. I’ll mark this as resolved and if the problem isn’t solved I’ll just reopen it :slight_smile:

But a nice added feature for the marketpress plugin would be to include the buyers message to the seller in the order information. At the moment you can only find that on the Paypal site.

Cheers

/Robert

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.