Paypal – switching between live and sandbox in MarketPress

I’ve got the PayPal API signature and passwords for both Live and Sandbox use. Both work fine when entered into the Marketpress Payment settings, but I don’t understand what the ‘Mode’ setting is for. What I’m expecting is to enter BOTH sets of keys, for live and sandbox, in different fields, and then to use the mode radio buttons to switch between them. What I have to do at the moment is replace they keys as I change between live/sandbox. Is this right? What effect, if any, is the ‘Mode’ setting having?

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi Eric,

Hope you’re well?

Yes, that is correct. When you switch to live mode, you need to re-enter the live mode API details.

If you switch to Sandbox, you will need to enter the sandbox details again.

The difference between modes is that in Sandbox mode, any transactions made will be just tests, so no money. it’s for testing transactions out before you go live so you can check if everything works before you start accepting real money.

Hope this helps

• Eric Booth
    • Flash Drive

Well, OK. But can I then suggest an improvement? On other systems there are separate fields to enter the sandbox and live API data. Then the mode switch uses the relevant details, along with any internal changes appropriate for testing transactions.

Makes it that little bit easier for us users – and that’s a good thing isn’t it!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.